‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 58

Melody joined Blade in the yard again after her shower and they sat in the yard eating pizza in the grass. He had beer and she had lemonade. When the sun started to set and the evening fell upon them, still they sat in the dimly lit yard. With the whole mansion to themselves, still they sat under the stars just passing the time.

“So, now that you know everything you missed over the last two years, it’s your turn to talk” Blade said

She sat Indian style in front of him. “There isn’t much to tell.” She laughed.

“Oh” he said raising his eyebrow. “No funny stories, no rebel moments you want to share?”

She laughed “No.” she shook her head. “I swear, when I went away to school I went determined to do something with my life and besides, I had no one there to follow around and drive crazy”

Now it was he who laughed. “You didn’t drive me crazy”

“Yes, yes I did” she laughed again. “God, you should have seen your face that night at Harlots”

“Ok. Yeah, you drove me nuts and that night at Harlots when you walked out on the stage I could have strangled you”

“See! I knew it!” she laughed and looked up at the sky. “Nothing beats the time my dad walked into my room and saw you hugging me.”

“Oh yeah, really funny! I couldn’t feel my face for a week” he smiled.

“I’m sorry” she laughed.

“No, you’re not” he pointed at her. “You were such an evil little brat!”

“Yeah” she nodded. “I was and the key word here is was”

He moved the pizza box aside and put all his empty beer bottles in the box they came in. “Was? You mean you’ve abandoned the bad girl image and opted for angel wings?” he teased.

“Well I wouldn’t go that far” she smiled. “But I have toned it down quite a bit”

“So, I see” he noted “You look tired are you sure you don’t want to get some sleep?” he asked.

“I probably should” she nodded. “But there is one thing that I have to do first”

He looked at her curiously. “What’s that?”

She smiled and crawled forward towards him. “This” she whispered and kissed him softly on the lips. “Good Night, Blade” she whispered against his lips before getting up.

“You are still evil after all” he whispered and as she walked into the house he could hear the faint sounds of her laughter. He smiled to himself as he cleaned up after the two of them.

--

In the morning that followed Melody was woke up to the sound of her mother’s laughter as she came through the front door. She opened her eyes and smiled and sat up on the couch. They hadn’t noticed her yet. Brian stood there holding Stormy up in his arms kissing her while she Melody waited patiently for them to notice she was there.

“Get a room!” she said and her father pulled his lips away from his wife’s and set her down on the ground.

“Hey! Do we know you?” he asked looking at her strangely. “Stormy, have you ever seen this girl before?”

“No, no I can’t say she looks familiar. Maybe we should call the police,” she said to her husband who was trying not to laugh.

“Ok, fine. I’ll just get my bags and leave then” Melody stood up and started walking towards her bedroom.

“Wait a minute…I think I recognize you now!” Brian teased and Melody turned around waiting for him to finish. “hmm no, never mind” She laughed and walked right up to him.

“I love you too, dad” She hugged him and he spun her around.

“I missed my girl” he said when he put her back down.

“Well, I’m home now!” she laughed and hugged her mother too. “I actually took an early flight and got in yesterday, but someone went on a trip and didn’t tell me so I spent the day all by myself” she said faking a pout.

Brian raised his eyebrow. “You poor thing” he teased.

They spent the morning catching up and before long it was time for everyone to start getting ready for the wedding.

--

“Are you sure you don’t want to sneak off to Mexico?” Matt asked standing behind his wife who was fixing her hair in the mirror.

“I’m positive,” she laughed.

“Well, then I guess we better get a move on. Everyone is waiting” he smiled and took her hand and led her down the stairs. He left her in the kitchen at the back door with Jimmy. He walked outside and took his rightful place beside his son who stood as his best man.

As Jimmy walked her down the path lined with rose pedals there was no music. Only the sound of Jimmy’s voice as he recited the following words.

“She walks in beauty like the night
Of cloudless climbs and starry skies;
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes

Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies
One shade the more, one ray the less
Had half impair'd the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!”

He placed her hand in Matt’s and kissed her cheek before taking his place beside Tera in the front row. Matt stood there the proudest man on the face of the earth. With watery eyes and a heart that was full.

10 minutes later, they were kissing before everyone they loved while everyone cheered in the background. They’d married again as if it were the first time.

The reception was intimate with just their family and a cake made of course by Jimmy.
Jonnie caught the bouquet and Johnny nearly had a heart attack.

“I think this belongs to you” Matt said and set the two-year-old down on Johnny’s lap.

Johnny looked down at the baby who was playing with an empty cup. “Have you been following Uncle Matt around again?” he teased and she held up the cup to show him.

Riley had given birth to a baby girl and although he told her he wanted a son, he couldn’t be happier. They named her Dreamer, however Matt took to calling her “Little Bit”

Johnnie and Seven stood together watching Legend and Lyric shove cake into their mouths and then open their mouths and show each other. It was funny, but gross.

“That is Your husband” Jonnie laughed

“mm hmm and that will be Your husband one day” Seven said. The both stood there laughing as they watch the two men with whom they would spend the rest of their lives.

Meanwhle…

Brian walked up to the bar where Blade was sitting and sat down next to him with his drink in his hand.

“The last time we did this, I had to pretend I didn’t see you dancing with my daughter” he said over the rim of his glass as they both turned their gazes to where Melody was dancing with Jimmy. Well it was more like Melody dancing and Jimmy doing what could only be explained as having a seizure standing up. The sound of her laughter made them both smile.

“I remember” Blade nodded

“Know what else I remember?” Brian asked

“No, what?”

“I remember that my daughter has been in love with you since she was five years old and now she is 18 and able to tell me to mind my own business. I’m not going to give you my blessing Blade.” He shook his head and Blade looked defeated.

“But I will say that because you are so much like me, I think that is what scares me the most about you. Yet, there is a part of me that trusts you. So, I’m begging you, please go save my daughter from that” he said pointing at Jimmy and whatever it was he was doing that he somehow thought was dancing.

Blade laughed and set his glass down on the bar. He walked up to Jimmy and tried not to get hurt as Jimmy’s arms were flailing about as if they were detached from his body.

“Uh, mind if I cut in?” he asked trying not to laugh at his elder.

“You know this guy, Munchkin?” Jimmy faked being suspicious of Blade.

She nodded. “Yes, Uncle Jimmy” she laughed.

“Then I shall bow out gracefully!” he said and turned himself around. When he spotted his wife he grabbed her and dragged her out to dance with him.

“So, you know my dad is standing right over there” Melody said as she swayed with Blade to the music.

“I know” he nodded.

Over by the pool stood Matt and Sydney hand in hand looking out at everyone at the reception and for once…no one was making a mess of the cake and there was no one getting their heart broken for all to see. No sign of infidelity and no spoiled little brat defying their parents…then again Dreamer was only two so there was still time.

“That’s our family” she smiled and nudged her husband.

“Yep” he laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not over yet...but it will come to and end soon. 12 chapters.
Just like the story started there will be 11 indivdual chapters to show you where all of the main characters have ended up since the story started and then the final chapter which will sum it all up...After it's done, I am going to focus on finishing "Snow White and The Sevenfold" and then I may do a short story with Blade, Mel, Matt & Zacky. Don't know about that yet. I just love the characters so much I hate to say goodbye to any of them. Hell, maybe they'll all get their own story....we'll see.