‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 60

“What’s your secret dad?” Legend sat in the yard with his father talking over drinks.

“What do you mean?”

“How do you manage to keep mom so happy?”

“I’m just me” he shrugged.

“Yeah, but I don’t think I have ever seen you two have an argument”

Jimmy got up and fixed himself another drink. “Well, your mother argues and I just agree with everything she says. Chances are she’s always right anyway”

Legend laughed at his father who was half crocked. “Would you change anything?”

“Not a single thing!” Jimmy said proudly.

Legend took the drink from his father and sipped it. “How did you meet mom anyway?”

Jimmy sat down on the chair beside his son and looked over at his wife who was talking with Seven by the pool.

“Long story” he said “Your mother was actually dating someone else when I met her. She was a such a vision that when I saw her it actually hurt to look at her”

“How did you manage to steal her away?”

“I didn’t she was sort of given to me.” Jimmy smiled remembering the day she walked into his room

“Huh?”

“She was Brian’s girl and he knew that she wasn’t fully his because when ever her and I were in the same room it was like we were the only people there. So, one day he stepped aside and forced us to be alone together and from that day on we never separated.”

“Wow, Brian banged em all huh?” Legend noted.

Jimmy laughed at his son’s revelation “Well, not Riley, but give him time” he joked.

Seven walked up to the two men who stood as she approached and towered over her. “Mind if I take my husband home?” she asked her father-in-law who put his arms around her shoulder.

“Nope, could you just give me five more minutes?” he asked.

“Sure, I’ll go wait in the car” she said to Legend and hugged Jimmy before she left.

Jimmy took the glass out of his son’s hand and set it down on the bar. He replaced the glass with a purple velvet box.

“What’s this?” he asked as he opened the box and looked down at the Skeleton Key.

“It’s a key, duh!” Jimmy said.

Legend laughed. “I see that, what’s it do?”

“It does what ever you want it to do. It’s my way of letting you know that whenever you need me, all you have to do is give the key back. No matter the time of day or night, I’ll be there.”

“Wow, that’s some key” Legend noted and looked back down at it.

“You have no idea” Jimmy laughed. “Anyhow, I need to go find your mother so I can give her a spoonful of Jimmy!” he said skipping away from his son who stood there laughing.