‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 61

“Matt!”

“Matty!”

“Matthew!”

Matt walked out of the bathroom like he had done so many times before when he heard her yelling for him like that. He knew what her answer was going to be, but he always asked the question anyway.

“What?” he smiled and waited for her to say it.

“I love you!” she yelled

He walked over to where she sat on the bed and leaned over to kiss her. “I love you too, Syd” he smiled.

“I have a present for you!” she said excitedly

“For me? I am the one who gives the presents!” he said.

She laughed and jumped up off the bed. He watched as she ran over to the closet and pulled out a big white box with a black ribbon and raced back over to the bed and handed it to him.

“Open it!”

“Ok ok, calm down” he laughed and pulled the ribbon off the box and opened the lid.
He moved the tissue paper and pulled out a black silk fabric with a silver “M” in the middle.

“Sydney?” he started to laugh hysterically. “Is this a cape?”

“Yes, it’s a superhero cape!” she grinned a cheesy grin. “Silly, I know, but you are my still my hero”

“and you are still my Syd” he laughed. “I’ll never get used to this” he smiled and kissed her again.

“I have a dilemma” he said while folding the cape and putting it back in the box.

“What is it?” she asked with concern.

“The key. You know the guys and I talked about giving the key to the kids, but I only have one key and two kids”

She sighed “Give it to the one that you think will need it the most” she said.

She took the box and walked over to the chair and set the box down on it. “You’ll make the right decision” she smiled.

He grinned at his wife who was standing there in his favorite shirt. “Well, the only decision I want to make right now is whether you should be above me or below me” he crooked his finger and motioned for her to come to him.

“Come here, Sydney” he said and she laughed as she walked up to her husband who had the sex drive of a 20 year old.