‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 62

“So, I heard Melody is back for good” Zacky mentioned trying not be obvious.

“Yeah” he son nodded and smiled as he watched her in the pool.

“Who do you think her father will kill first? You or Me?”

“Dad, relax!” Blade laughed and looked at his father with a menacing grin.

“I know how this is going to go” Zacky nudged his son with his elbow.

“and how is that?”

“You know… girl likes boy, boy tells girl to get lost, girl turns 18 and boy gets a hard on”

“Dad!” Blade laughed again. “I do not have a hard on for Melody” He said shaking his head in disbelief that he was having this conversation with his father.

“Sure, you don’t” he teased. “Well let me give you something that you may need one day to help you out with that”

“Dad, I can buy my own condoms”

“It’s not condoms! What part of Brian has guns do you not understand?” Zacky shook his head and took the box out of his pocket.

“It’s purple?”

“Yeah, well it once belonged to a girl. Just open it.”

Blade opened the box and pulled out the Skeleton Key and looked at his father for an explanation.

“One day when you look at that girl” he pointed to Melody “That same girl who followed you around since she was 5, you are going to realize that all that time you spent telling her to go away isn’t going to matter. It won’t matter, because one day, you are never going to want her to leave. And when that day comes, you’re going to feel like you just got hit by a truck and you’re going to need someone to help you stand back up on your feet again.”

“I don’t get where you are going with this” Blade said looking back down at the key.

“Well, that key is for you to use when you get the feeling like something is so big you just can’t handle it on your own. All you have to do is give it back and in return, you’ll get the help you seek”

Blade put the key in his pocket. “This is getting a little to sappy for me, but thanks. I appreciate it.”

“Sappy? I’m a lover night a fighter!” Zacky joked and his son laughed. “Behave, here comes your mother”

They both turned their attention to Aubrey who was fast approaching.

“Just what are my two favorite guys up to?” she asked leaning on her husband.

“The usual, smoking, drinking, and checking out girls” Blade teased.

“Oh really girls huh? And just who has my husband been checking out?” she asked as she folded her arms and waited for him to answer.

“Just you, honey” he smiled.
She leaned forward and whispered something in Zacky’s ear and when she was done Zacky turned and faced Blade.

“Um..uh..we have to go..Your mother and I…now, like right now” he said and led his wife into the house while his son stood there laughing.