‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 64

It had been a week since her mother and father married and she couldn’t be happier for them. At one point she wasn’t sure she would ever be married herself if her father had any say in it. Eventually he caved in and wished her every happiness.

On this particular morning she was meeting her father for breakfast and as usual he was late. She’d been sitting there 20 minutes when he finally walked through the door.

“Hey, don’t look at me like that!” he said when he sat down in the booth.

“Do you even own a watch?” she teased.

“Blame your mother, she wouldn’t let me out of the bedroom”

“Thanks, thanks for the mental image that is now burned in my brain”

“You asked for it!” he smiled and ordered coffee from the waitress who came to take their order.

“So, what is this about?” she asked as she watched him put cream and sugar in his coffee.

“Well, I am sure you know all of the other kids were given keys” he started to say and she nodded.

“and I’m sure you know I only have one key”

“Yes” she nodded again.

He played with the spoon in his coffee cup and then sat back in the booth and sighed. “Your mother told me that I should give it to the one who I think will need it the most and I have been going back and forth in my mind trying to decide which one of you that is.”

The waitress came back to the table and they ordered their breakfast. After she refilled their coffee cups, he continued to explain.

“I have something for you” he said very seriously. “But, it’s not a key. I’m sorry. When I thought about who would need it the most, every time I thought of you I didn’t have a single worry in my mind, but I have lost sleep over your brother. I think he needs it more than you do”

“It’s ok, Dad, I understand.” She smiled and reached for his hand.

He smiled back at her. “Now, like I said, I do have something for you”

“ok”

“I’m giving you a division of my label. It will be yours and yours alone. You as the head of the division will be able to recruit new talent, mold them, guide them and pretty much make them stars. Your first band of course will be your brothers and I have already spoken to him and Blade about it and they are on board with you at the helm. There is however one catch”

“What is it?” she asked as the waitress set their plates down on the table.

“I’ve named the division myself and you can’t change it…ever.”

“Ok” she said as she poured ketchup on her eggs.

“That is nasty!” he pointed to her plate and she laughed.

“So, are you going to tell me the name?” she asked.

“Yup!” he put a forkful of pancakes in his mouth and she sat back and folded her arms, which made him laugh.

“Its name is…5 Skeleton Keys”

She put her hand over her mouth not knowing what to say. “eat your breakfast” he smiled and she shook her head and started eating.