‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 69

According to Miriam Webster’s dictionary one definition of Legend is
“A person or thing that inspires”

--

“Please call mom and tell her to hurry up. I’m starving.” Legend said to his father who was standing there looking off into space.

“Can’t don’t have a cell phone.”

“Dad, how can you not have a cell phone?”

”I don’t do well with technology”

“I want to be just like you when I grow up” Legend said standing outside the store beside his father while they waited for Seven and Tera to finish shopping.

“That’s impossible, because I, myself am never going to grow up!” Jimmy shouted.

Jimmy looked over at the tattoo shop and nudged his son. “wanna go?”

“Get a tattoo?” He asked “Why?”

”I just think they look good on people. You spend a lot of time in the mirror looking at yourself when you have tattoos. Same way with other people. It just looks good."

“Ok” Legend nodded and they headed into the shop. The place was pretty empty for a Saturday and even better for them.

“What should we get?” Legend asked his father.

“Something to look at on your body that looks cool"

“Ok” Legend laughed and went first and in the mean time Tera and Seven had found Jimmy and after telling Tera that he and Legend would be a while the two girls went for lunch.

When he came back out his father eagerly awaited to see what his son chose.

“You said to get something that looks cool on my body and all I could thing of was my wife because she looks cool on my body not that you needed that little tidbit of information” Legend lifted his shirt and showed his father what he got. It was a tattoo of his wife’s name on his hipbone.

Jimmy laughed and it was his son that gave him the idea for his own…

A while later Jimmy came back out of the booth and found his wife along with Seven waiting with Legend.

“Well?” Tera asked raising her eyebrow. “What did you get?”

Jimmy laughed and picked up his shirt. Across his stomach was one word.

“Legend”
♠ ♠ ♠
The bold italics are actual Jimmy quotes
PLEASE VOTE FOR JIMMY!