‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 70

In a time when for some all hope seemed lost, and when the chips were down for others, there was one thing that held true for all of them. No matter how bad it got and no matter how much life took its toll, family was always the one thing they could all count on.

It was the one constant in all of their lives. It was the one thing they could always return to no matter how far away they traveled. Maybe they weren’t traditional and maybe they didn’t all have the same bloodlines, but they were still family nonetheless.

They can fuck up, They can run away, They can call each other names, but there was no action that would ever make them take away the love that they all had for each other.

For the two who started it all, Matt and Sydney, closure came for them within the keys that came to Sydney over 20 years ago. Having given them all back to their rightful owners, she now only had her husband to count on, but that isn’t to say that the other 4 wouldn’t be there. Truth be told, they would, in a heartbeat. After all was said and done, had it not been for her and Matt, who knows where the rest of them would be now. So, now, with one child married and one engaged, both living on their own, Matt and Sydney would take a much-needed vacation, but in the end would always come back to their family.

For Brian and Stormy, the two who could hardly stand the sight of each other when they first met, cant seem to take their eyes off each other now. Even after all the years of drama and turmoil, love always pulled them through. Now, with an 18-year-old daughter at home Brian and Stormy did have their hands full, but Stormy would remind Brian about having patience and Brian would remind all the boys that he had a gun.

For Johnny and Riley, the couple who stayed together in life, but lived in a death from the past, things couldn’t be better. It took over 20 years and a second child for Johnny to realize what was right in front of him in the first place. The love of his life. So, now that his oldest daughter was getting married, the challenge for him was learning to take a breath and realize that no matter what she did with her life and no matter who she married, she would always be his baby girl.

For Zacky and Aubrey, the marriage that was shaken by lies and infidelity, time was the one thing that held them together. The loved that they had for each other was too great to let something that happened over 20 years ago take it all away. Their son, a rebel at heart, had been arrested more times then Zacky could count. Nothing he did could make them stop loving him, only now a little older and a little wiser and a whole lot in love will he present them with the real challenge. Synyster Gates.

And as for Jimmy………
What’s to be said about a man who could make even the saddest person laugh and the man who could make a person fall in love with him after only knowing him 5 minutes?
Well, a whole hell of a lot. Jimmy and Tera never fought; to him there was nothing so important it warranted fighting over. They never cheated, to him a soul mate is a person to be cherished and loved not abused and hurt. They never took their lives together for granted; to Jimmy ever day that he spent with his family was a blessing. When Legend was old enough to walk, they gave him wings and showed him how to fly. They taught him that there was nothing he couldn’t do if he put his mind to it…. just like Jimmy.

So finally the drama fairy goes down in flames. Defeated by 5 men who were not related by blood, but brothers just the same…. Family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes there is another story in this series coming soon. I love these characters too much to let them go. So, after I finish updating Snow White and The Sevenfold, I will post the first chapter. Here is the link to the new page, so you can subscribe and get the notification when the first chapter is posted. Girl I Know