Swear To Shake It Up

Circles

Naomi and I were slow the next morning. We slowly made eggs and toast, then around nine o’clock, the sun was shining brighter than it had the whole trip so far.

“Nai, we have to go out in the boat!” I grinned up at Naomi as we sat on the couch.

“But it’s cold...” she whined. I shrugged and ran into our shared room. I pulled my big suitcase out and pulled out a cute brown and blue two piece swimming. I quickly undressed and put the suit on, hearing Naomi’s soft footsteps.

“Kylie! Put some clothes on!” she shrieked, though I was clearly standing in my bathing suit. I grinned childishly and pulled a pair of jean shorts on over top my slightly tanned legs. I didn’t bother putting a top in and just grabbed my guitar and leaving back into the kitchenette for Naomi to change. I packed a small lunch and waited until she exited.

When we were both ready, we walked barefoot down to the dock and placed our belongings into the small motorboat. I was clueless, so I just put on a life jacket, one size too small that seemed like it might have fit me when she was little.

Naomi finally got the motor working and we were off. Steering till the cabin was like a Lego house, Naomi finally cut the engine.

I picked up my beautiful guitar and started to strum away whilst Naomi gnawed at a cucumber and cheese sandwich I had skilfully made before we left the cabin.

I played for a good twenty minutes.

“Kylie, this is boring...” Naomi groaned. “It’s too hot...”

“I thought it was too cold?” I retorted.

“It was, but now it is cold. Let’s swim.” She pulled at my hand.

“We can’t, if we get out, we might tip the boat trying to get back in and my guitar is here.” I sighed, looking longingly at the water.

“Well let’s drive your guitar back then swim!” Nothing ever stopped Naomi, and nothing ever got her down. I was proud of her, and that was why we had stayed friends so long.

I nodded, agreeing with her idea but when she went to start up the motor, it wouldn’t work.

“I’ve flooded it!” she groaned. I smacked my forehead and started to look for the oars.

Of course, there were none. We started paddling with our hands, spinning in circles.

“We are getting nowhere.” I complained.

“HELP!” Naomi shouted, trying to rescue us. With no avail.
♠ ♠ ♠
By me :) Comment and Subscribe!