Married To A Beast

Chapter Four

Image

Rosette sat in the new room that Nicoletta had cleaned for her.

The room had a balcony that opened up to gardens below and a view of the mountains above. The color scheme in the room was light pastels and the furniture was plush with cushions.

Definitely better then the dungeon they had her in before.

Opening the door when she heard a knock, Rosette smiled at the unknown man, laughing when he bowed politely to her.

I am Beato, Nicoletta’s husband, and I am here to escort you to dinner.

Taking his arm with hers, Rosette walked with him to the dining room, sitting down by Nicoletta while Beato sat across from them.

“How was your Fedele, Rosette?” Nicoletta asked as the woman fixed a plate.

“He was happy, dancing around a chestnut mare. It made me think of the story Black Beauty.”

“Oh, that was such a lovely story, though it made me cry during some parts.”

Rosette nodded her head in agreement with the older woman.

“What are you two talking about?” Beato asked

Nicoletta smiled at her husband, “It is a story about a horse and his life. It is a classic and the words flow together so wonderfully.”

Rosette looked at Nicoletta, “I just hope that the mare Fedele was around doesn’t have the same end as Ginger did, my heart broke when I read about it.”

The woman smiled, “I’m sure she wont, Dante is very fond of her and spoils her all the time.”

Rosette furrowed her brow, “Where is he? Does he not eat with you?”

Beato shook his head, “No, he normally eats on his own.”

“Why? Don’t you think he would rather socialize? The only other person I’ve seen here are you two, doesn’t the loneliness get to him?”

“You do not understand,” Nicoletta spoke, “He doesn’t wish to dine with us because he is afraid we would be revolted.”

Rosette looked confused, “Why?”

“He looks into the mirror and sees a beast, and he is afraid that we see the same, but it isn’t true.”

“I suppose you could get used to him physically, but I just can’t get past his personality! It’s simply barbaric!”

Beato looked thoughtful, “You do not care about his appearance?”

“Well, he does frighten me a little when I do not know he’s there and I first look upon him, but otherwise, no. It is not his looks that label him a beast, but his actions.”

“He is the one who carried you here.” Nicoletta supplied

“And for that I will be forever grateful, but since then he has been nothing, but horrendously mean.”

Nicoletta was about to speak, but decided against it and just shook her head instead.

~*~

The next day Rosette was walking through the garden, taking solace from the plants and animals.

She had tried to leave early this morning, only to have Dante carry her back to her room.
And he’s been guarding her ever since.

Dante stood a polite distance behind Rosette as she strode through his land. There was something different about her; she wasn’t like any other girl he’d ever encountered.
Instead of running from him in fear and disgust she stood nose to nose with him and argued over trivial things.

She was a strange one; there was nothing else to it.

And he didn’t understand why his chest clinched every time she smiled.

It was damn disturbing.

Following her around his gardens Dante couldn’t help but to admire her scent. It was lovely, like a breath of fresh after a day of cleaning dust filled rooms.

Rosette wondered why she was so comfortable with him near.

They fought all the time, arguing over silly things, but there was no one else she’d rather walk with.

She wondered if she was catching a virus.

Stopping at a flower she didn’t know, Rosette turned to him, “What is this on called?”

Dante stepped closer so her could she which she was pointing to, “That is a Dutch amaryllis. Amaryllis is native to tropic and subtropic climates.”

“It’s very beautiful.”

Reaching over, Dante plucked the flower and gently placed it behind her ear.
Rosette was about to speak until Beato came running over, “Dante come quick! Acrisio is in Maschio’s pin!”

Rosette ran after Dante, both of them following Beato. All she could think of was what maschio meant.

Bull.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter Four! Hope you like it, comment your ideas!