Can I Hold You?

I Need to Pee

"Shane, pull over I really need to pee!" I say trying not to laugh.
"What? We're almost there." Kate says as she puts her hand on Nathan (her little boy toy's) thigh.
"I don't care, I'm about to pee myself."
"Not on my car seats." Shane says pulling into the parking lot of a diner. I run out of the car into the diner and whip past a waitress into the washrooms. After relieving myself I casually walk out of the washroom and literally crash into a guy with straight long brown hair who was carrying a box of supplies.
"Oh sorry." I say as the box falls to the floor.
"S'okay, no harm done." He says looking me straight in the eyes; he had really pretty blue eyes.
"Alright." I say getting up and walking out to Chris's car, but not before looking back at this guy.

"What took look you so long?" Shane asks.
"Nothing." I mutter.
"You have got to be the highest maintenance girlfriend I've ever had." Shane mutters as Kate lets out a squeal of delight from the back seat.
"What the fuck Shane?" I say pissed off.
"Oh, lover's tiff." Nathan says as he and Kate turn quiet.
"Shut-up." I mutter, "Shane, just take me home."
"Fine with me." he mutters as he starts the car and drives down the street.

He pulls up to my house and I climb out of the car in silence. The moment my foot touches the first step of the porch I hear Shane drive off. I head up to my room and open the window and climb out to sit on the roof. The roof was my sanctuary where I could look over everything alone, a place to think or just not do anything at all.

Why am I still with Shane, why am I with him at all? Yes he is very good looking but other than that he's a true asshole. Kate and Nathan just went along with the craptacular Shane package. Kate was a real grade A bitch and Nathan's just a jock. Where were my real friends; that's right I ditched them today so I could hang out with people I think I hate. I honestly messed up. For some reason today, I couldn't get the face of the guy at the diner out of my head. It was a slightly annoying, slightly intriguing sensation in my brain. It's late and I'm tired. I climb back into my room and slump down on my bed where I fall into a restful sleep.