Can I Hold You?

Broken JAR

I sit watching TV with Mike, Billie and Adie and the phone rings. I nudge Mike.
"I'm not getting up." He says as he stretches and his arms falls on my shoulders.
"The yawn and grab?" I ask less than amused. He smirks.
"I can't get it." Billie says hopelessly as he pulls Adie onto his lap.
"Neither can I." Adie says as Billie squeezes her tight.
"Fucking lazy." I mutter as I get up and pick up the phone.

"Hello?"
"Jason's in the hospital!" someone screeches into my ear.
"Ella?"
"We got in a car crash, some guy rammed into us."
"Are you okay?" I ask urgently getting everyone else's attention.
"I'm fine! We got rammed on Jason's side! They said he's in critical condition."
"Al-alright, I'll tell everyone."

"What's going on?" Billie asks looking up at us.
"JAR is in the hospital." Mike gets up instantly and storms out the door. I chase after him as he gets into the truck, luckily he sees me so he waits for me to get in the truck. He doesn't say anything as he drives to the hospital. He storms out of the truck and straight into the hospital, I follow him and struggle to keep up to his fast pace.

We get to the correct hospital room to find Ella bawling her eyes out and the heart rate machine buzzing on flat line.
"Fuck!" Mike yells as he falls to the floor. "Fuck man! You can't die!" I go over and hug Ella, I knew she loved Jason.
"He's gone." She whispers as Mike continues to curse at the top of his lungs. "I can't believe he's gone."
"I know, I know." I say patting her back.
"You can't fucking die!" Mike yells again. "You're my fucking brother! Brothers don't die on each other! Fuck!"

An older woman walks into the room and gasps.
"My son." She says as she falls to her knees and starts praying.
"Ana." Mike whispers once it's apparent he lost his voice, "Can we leave now?" I nod as I squeeze Ella's hand once more before leaving the hospital room with Mike.

The drive back to the apartment is silent, once in a while Mike would hit the steering wheel in anger. We get up to the apartment and he goes to sit on his bed. I sit on Tre's and stare at him.
"You said he was your brother?" Mike nods.
"He was practically my brother, he was a couple years older than me, always looked out for me and shit like that." I nod as I go over to him and put my arms around him. "Always fucking there for me, taught me all the shit I know." He sobs then suddenly he starts breathing funny. He drops out of my arms and starts heaving. I let out a scream.

"Billie!" I scream, not sure what to do. "Billie!" Billie Joe runs into the room and sees Mike and drops to the floor.
"Mike, Mike man, look at me." he says holding his face in his hands, "Oh fuck, he needs his meds."
"Where are they?" I ask urgently.
"Doesn't have them! Not enough money!" Billie says nervously. "Fuck Mike listen to me, breath slower. Inhale . . .exhale." Mike still continues to breath unnervingly fast. "That usually works." Billie spits. "Call a fucking ambulance!" as I'm about to run out of the room I see Adie get to the phone first.

"Mike!" Billie continues to yell, "Mike look at me, you're going to be okay, just try to breath slower."
"What's happening?" I cry.
"Panic attack." Billie mutters as he continues to try to get Mike under control.

Paramedics burst through the door and wheel Mike away, Billie went with him. Adie and I run down to the truck and drive to the hospital. By the time we get there, we find Billie sitting in the waiting room, not looking too worried.
"He's alright?" I ask nervously.
"Yeah, he got his meds, now their just keeping him here for observation for his heart and stuff." Billie says as Adie takes her seat next to him.
"C-can I see him?"
"I guess." Billie says casually as he nods to a near by room.

I walk slowly to the room and go up to the bed where Mike is drumming his fingers against the side bar.
"Hey." I say quietly.
"Hey, I'm sorry I freaked out on you."
"It's okay." I take the seat next to the bed. "You don't have to apologize."
"I just couldn't handle the fact that I'd never be able to hang out with him any more."
"I know." I say climbing onto the bed next to him, he wraps his arms around me.

*

"Should we wake them up?"
"I don't know, just look at them."
"If a nurse comes they could get in a lot of shit."
"But it's not like their naked, or even partially naked." I open my eyes and realize I'm still in the hospital bed with Mike. Only difference is Billie, Adie, Tre and Lisea are standing in the room.
"Sleep well?" Tre laughs.
"You know it." I say sliding out of Mike's arms. "How long was I out?"
"Well you've been in here about an hour." Adie says as she takes a seat. Tre takes the other seat and pulls Lisea on his lap.
"Shut-up you mother fuckers I have a fucking head ache." Mike mumbles in a half sleep sort of way.
"He's awake!" Tre squeals and the rest of us shoosh him. Mike opens his eyes and looks around.
"Got any water?" Billie heads over to the table and pours him some from the pitcher.
"Here." Billie mumbles as he hands him the plastic cup.
"Thanks." Mike drinks it in only a few gulps, "So are you all here to stare at me or what?" we laugh.
"Nah, just to keep your sorry butt company." Lisea says casually.
"Can I go home now or what?"
"They said you have to stay here for observation." Adie says as Billie lifts her out of her seat so he can sit and pulls her on his lap.
"But I'm fine, its just a headache, they already gave me my meds."
"It's so they can watch you heart rate and shit like that."
"Their just wasting their time." Mike says stubbornly. I go to sit on the bed, right next to him again and he wraps his arms around me.

A nurse comes into the room.
"Sorry folks visiting hours are over." she says nudging her head.
"Can I stay?" I ask hopefully.
"Sorry but no." she says apathetically, I look up at Mike.
"But uh, she's my wife." He says I see both Billie and Tre crack a smile in attempts to repress laughs. The nurse glares at us.
"I find that hard to believe, how old are you eighteen?"
"Twenty-one, check my file if you don't believe me." Mike says deepening his voice.
"Fine, but I find it hard to believe you're married."
"What can you say, he knocked her up then married her." Billie says sounding very convincing.
"Where's the kid?" the nurse asks crossing her arms.
"At my brother's." I say rolling my eyes, "I didn't want to bring him to the hospital."
"Fine, you can stay." The nurse says aggravated with the conversation, "But the rest of you get outta here."
"Thanks." I whisper.
"No problem." Billie says winking as they leave the room.

"So I'm your wife huh?" I say as I wrap my arms around Mike.
"Oh yeah." He says laughing, "So how's our son doing?"
"He's adorable, he has pretty blue eyes like his daddy." I say kissing his lips.
"Oh really?" Mike says laughing, "And as a married couple, how often do we have sex?"
"Every night, twice on Saturdays."
"That sounds awesome." He says as I intertwine my legs with his. I start to kiss his neck generously. "Ana, stop." He moans.
"Why? I know you want it." I mumble as I tease his ear lobe.
"The fucking door is wide open." He mutter. I close the curtain around his bed and return to the way we were before.
"Better?" I ask as I continue to kiss his neck. He starts kissing me and groping my chest as he does this I realize he's getting hard. "We're too loud to do it here." I snicker.
"Oh." He whines. I put my hand under the blanket and in his boxers. He smirks evilly and as I continue to move my hand the heart rate monitor starts beeping at a faster rate.