Can I Hold You?

JAR

I walk over to Ella's house the next morning and knock on her bedroom window, knocking on the front door was pointless. Ella's such a deep sleeper she'd never hear it.
"Ana what the fuck are you doing here?" she asks as she walks over to the window.
"You dragged me out of there early; I drag you to the diner early."
"Damn you." she says as she pulls me through the window.
"Let me get dressed." Ella says as she grabs some clothes off her chair and stumbles into the washroom. I look on her desk to see the phone number she got last night from Andrew.
"So are you going to call Andrew?" I ask.
"Who? Oh Jason." She says as she comes out of the washroom.
"Didn't you say . . .?"
"His name is Jason Andrew Revla or JAR." Ella says shrugging.
"Thanks for immediate details lady." I mutter as she pulls one shoe out of under her bed and the other flung on the floor.
"Let's go?" I ask as she picks up her house keys.
"Yeah."

We take the bus to the diner like we had the day before. We look around for Mike but can't see him anywhere.
"Excuse me, is Mike here?" I ask an older waitress.
"No, he and my son were supposed to be here half an hour ago, they're running late again." She says rolling her eyes, "You can take a seat if you want to wait."
"Thanks." I say as we take a booth near the front window.
"What can I get you?" a younger waitress asks us a few minutes later.
"Just coffee." Ella mutters.
"Same." I say as I turn to Ella.
"Why'd you drag me here so early, there not even here yet." Ella whines.
"Well sorry." I mutter as the waitress comes to our table with two cups of coffee.

"Oh there they are!" I say pointing out the window to a pick-up driving into the parking lot. Billie and Mike leap out of the truck and run inside.
"Late again." The older waitress says rolling her eyes.
"Sorry." Billie says as he hops over the counter and fumbles to put on an apron.
"Uh Billie's fault." Mike says receiving an angry glare from Billie.
"Mike, there were a couple of young ladies looking for you." the waitress says.
"What? Where?" Mike says anxiously.
"At the front table, oh they're still there." She says as she takes a tray of plates from the counter. Mike looks over at us happily and walks over.

"I came to bring you this." I say handing him a piece of paper with my phone number on it.
"Thanks." He says as he unfolds the paper and sees what it is. "So, would you like to go to the movies with me tonight?"
"Mikey! Flirt on your own time!" Billie yells as he raises his eyebrows evilly.
"Sounds good." I say taking the paper back and writing my address on it, "Pick me up at seven."
"I-I will." Mike says as he backs away towards the kitchen.
"Oh aren't you demanding." Ella teases as we walk out of the diner out into the summer sun.
"I take it you won't mind if I ditch you?" I say laughing.
"Nope, I think I'll call Jason up." She says shrugging as we walk down the busy street, "Besides this Mike guy seems a hell of a lot nicer than Shane."
"So true." I mutter as we absent-mindedly watch our bus drive by without us inside it.
"Missed the bus." Ella says shrugging.
"Meh, let's just walk to the city pool, dive in and walk home." I say shrugging.
"And what'll that accomplish?"
"We won't be as hot." I say as we turn the corner towards the pool.

We jump the gate of the city pool due to the fact we have issues with going all around the park to get to the pool entrance. The life guard gives us a negative glare but we couldn't care less so we head towards the deep end of the pool and jump in. We immediately swim towards the pool steps and leave the pool completely and walk back to my house.

Soaking wet we enter my house and receive a stupid glare from Chris who obviously just woke up and was eating lunch.
"What the hell happened to you?"
"Went swimming." I say shrugging as Ella and I head up to my room to get a change of clothes. Ella picks up the phone and dials Jason's number.

"Hey, is this Jason?" she asks anxiously, "So I was wondering if you were busy tonight? . . . . .sounds great . . . so I'll meet you there."
"Someone's got a date." I tease.
"Well not really, his band is playing and he asked me to come watch." Ella says shrugging.
"Okay." I say shrugging.