Can I Hold You?

Hair

"Ana, phone." Chris says as he pokes me awake.
"What?" I mutter as I rub my eyes.
"Phone." He repeats as he walks out of my room. I get out of bed and walk downstairs and pick up the phone.
"Hello?"
"Hey Ana." Mike's voice says casually.
"Hey Mike." I say happily.
"Well I just called to tell you that we're playing on Gilman tonight and I was wondering if you'd like to come watch."
"Sure." I say happily.
"Alright then I'll see you later." He says happily.
"Mike we need more burgers!" I hear Billie yell in the background.
"See you later Mike." I say as I hang up the phone.

***

I take the bus to Gilman alone and walk into the club and start searching for Mike. I couldn't find him anywhere, I saw Billie Joe and Tre but I really couldn't see Mike. I end up walking up to Billie and realize the short haired person is Mike.
"Mike you cut your hair." I say in slight disbelief as touch the tips of his hair.
"Yeah, do you like it?" he asks nervously as Billie turns to talk to Tre.
"Yeah it's awesome." I say as I look it over yet again, "Why'd you cut it?"
"I wanted a change." Mike says shrugging.
"No! He lit his hair on fire." Tre corks up.
"How'd you manage that?" I ask trying not to laugh.
"I was playing with a lighter outdoors and I guess the wind blew a strand of my hair into the flame."
"Did you get hurt?" I ask as look for a trace of a burn.
"No Billie assed my shoulder to put it out." Mike says slightly disturbed.
"Hey man, my ass saved your life." Billie says as he takes a swig of beer.
"Yeah and when I was cutting off the burnt hair I just decided to cut it short."
"It's awesome." I say as I touch his hair yet again.
"What about my hair?!" Tre asks as he puts his hair really close to my face.
"It's nice too." I say as I pat the top of his head as he backs away.

Mike wrapped his arms around me waist casually.
"So did you guys already play yet?" I ask as I snake one of my arms around him.
"Nope, we're playing soon." He says shrugging. Tre runs up to us with his drumsticks and starts drumming on Mike's head. "Owe, owe. Fuck Tre stop drumming on my head."
"Why?" Tre asks as he holds up his drumsticks.
"Because I don't like the sensation of being prodded on the head." Mike says rolling his eyes.
"Oh Billie says we have to play now." Tre says happily.
"I think he meant on stage." I say as I tighten my grasp on Mike before letting go.

Mike grabs his bass which was resting next to us and climbs up on stage with his band mates. They play a few songs before Billie Joe moons the audience and jumps off stage. Mike jumps off stage too and Tre starts telling the people in the club about his pet hamster.
"You were great." I say as I lean in to kiss Mike.
"Do want to get out of here?" Mike asks casually.
"Sure." I say a Mike wraps his arm around me.
"You two are leaving?" Billie asks as he tries to get a hold of the bartender.
"Yeah." Mike says cautiously.
"Okay." Billie says as he goes to try to convince the bar tender to sell him a beer. "See you two later.

We walk down the street to a squatter building and Mike leads me up the stairs into a second story apartment. There's a dingy couch near the entrance of the apartment which we end up sitting on. Mike cups my cheeks and starts kissing my lips lightly. I usually never start making out with a guy I just started going out with but I couldn't contain myself and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry!" Billie says as he runs past us. I release my lips from Mike's and see Billie grab the phone from the counter and pull into a room.
"What was that all about?" I ask laughing.
"He met this girl in Minnesota when we were on tour and he's crazy about her and he calls her every evening." Mike says laughing.
"Awe, that so sweet and cheesy." I say laughing as I put my arms back around Mike and pull him back to kissing me.

"YES!" we hear Billie yell as he bursts out of the room disrupting Mike and yet again.
"What's going on?" Mike asks a little annoyed.
"She's coming! She's coming!"
"Who, Adie?" Mike asks as he gets off me.
"Yeah, she's driving down this weekend!" Billie says as he starts jumping around. At that moment Tre walks into the apartment with a package of sanitary napkins.
"Tre guess what! Adie's coming!" Billie says as he continues to jump around happily.
"Cool." Tre says as he starts rummaging in the kitchen and pulls out a large metal bowl.
"Tre what are you doing?" I ask as he starts filling the bowl with water.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean why do you have a bag of Kotex?" I say trying not to burst out laughing.
"I'm decorating." Tre says as Mike just shakes his head.
"You're what?" I say as Billie and Mike just treat this like it's a perfectly normal situation. Tre pulls the bowl of water out of the sink and starts unwrapping the sanitary napkins and putting them in the water.
"See I soak these things in water then I stick them on the outside of a building." Tre says as the mound of plastic wrapping on the floor increases.
"Done." Tre says as he carries the bowl out of the apartment. I look at my watch.
"Mike, I should really get going."
"Okay, I'll drive you home." He says as we get off the couch and Billie dashes to sit down where we were sitting and starts watching T.V.

We walk out onto the street and see Tre running from building to building sticking sanitary napkins on the windows. I can't help but laugh.
"Is he always like this?"
"Yeah pretty much." Mike says as we get into his pick-up. He drives me home and parks in front of my house. I lean over and kiss him good night and get out of the truck.