Can I Hold You?

Ain't He Sweet

About half an hour later I hear the door bell ring.
"Oh you're back." I hear Chris say evilly. Mike walks into my room with a T.V. in his arms.
"Hey." I say happily as I sit up again.
"Hey." He says as he places the T.V. on my dresser. "Oh fuck, I brought movies but no VCR."
"S'okay." I say eagerly, "We have one downstairs; I don't think they'll mind. My mom never watches movies and Chris is going out tonight."
"Okay." Mike says as he kisses me before going downstairs to get the VCR from the living room. He reappears in my room moments later and sets up the TV and VCR.
"What movies did you bring?" I ask as I squint to read the name on the movie boxes.
"Superman, sappy girly movie and Space Balls." He says happily as he hands me the boxes.
"Let's skip Pretty in Pink." I say laughing.
"Thank you." Mike says gasping. "Superman?"
"Definitely." I say as Mike pops the movie into the VCR.

Mike comes and sits on my bed next to me and wraps his arms around me. I rest my head on his chest as we sit and watch the cheesy super hero movie together. Midway through the movie my mom comes up to my room with a couple of plates with spaghetti.
"Here you go." She says as she hands us our plates.
"Thanks." Mike says as he looks over the plate in front of him.
"Thanks mom." I say quietly as she leaves the room and we go back to watching the movie. I don't really eat much of my supper; I place the plate on my nightstand.
"Why aren't you eating?" Mike asks worriedly.
"I just came from the hospital, I say a guy with a mutilated face, I'm not too hungry." I say as I go silent again.
"Oh pleasant." He says as he takes a forkful of spaghetti to his mouth. The movie ends around 8 o'clock.

"Let's watch Space Balls." I say not wanting Mike to leave.
"Sure." He says as he puts Superman away and puts Space Balls in its place.
DING! DONG!
"Hello, are you Ana's friends?" I hear my mother ask.
"Yeah, I guess you can say that." A chipper voice says.
"Tre!" Mike mutters.
"Is Mike here?" another voice asks.
"Billie too." I say as I put my hand over my mouth in laughter.
"They're right upstairs." My mother says, moments later we hear them trudge up the stairs.

"You took the TV!" Tre accuses.
"I though you left them a couple of doobies to keep them amused." I say laughing.
"Well, I got lazy and left them a note instead." Mike says shrugging.
"Guess we'll have to stay here then." Billie says as he sits at the foot of my bed and amuses himself with Space Balls.
"Spaghetti!" Tre yelps excitedly. "Can I have it?"
"Sure." I say as I hand my the plate. Tre sits on the floor in front of the TV and stuffs his face with my left over dinner.
"Easy there, you're going to choke." Mike says whacking Tre across the head jokingly.
"So what happened to your leg?" Billie asks as he takes a strand of spaghetti from the plate Tre is holding.
"Fell off the roof." I mutter.
"How?"
"I like to sit on the roof, and it had just rained so I fell." Billie starts laughing.
"Hey!" Mike says defensively.
"So why can't you just walk with a crutch?" Billie pesters.
"I have to wait till the cuts heal." I say as show him my stitches.
"Awesome." He says as he pokes at them.
"Let's just watch the movie." Mike suggests as he puts his arms around me as we all get settled down.

The next morning I wake up to Tre's face three inches away from mine.
"Tre what the fuck!" I yelp waking up Mike and Billie in the process.
"Hee hee hee! I win!" He exclaims happily.
"Win what?" Mike mutters.
"Dunno." Tre says shrugging as he goes and fiddles with the TV. I pull the wheelchair closer to my bed and attempt to hoist myself up, but fail and the wheelchair scoots away.
"Fuck." I mutter. Billie brings the wheelchair back to me and he and Mike hoist me onto it.
"Where do you want to go?" Mike asks as he steps behind me.
"Washroom." I mumble.
"Do you need someone to hoist you on the toilette?" Tre asks evilly.
"No, I think I can manage and if not Mike's the only one who will help me."
"Awe." Tre whines as he goes back to watching TV. Mike wheels me into the washroom and puts the chair as close as possible to the toilette.
"Need help?" he asks.
"No, I'm okay." I say as he leaves the washroom. After tending to my toilette needs I lift myself back onto the wheelchair, flush the toilette and wash my hands before heading back to my room. The three of them are sitting in front of the TV watching cartoons.
"Can I poke at your cuts?" Tre asks with big eyes.
"I rather you don't." I say pulling a blanket over my legs.
"But why?"
"It stings!" I hiss at him.

"Did you guys sleep over?" Chris asks suspiciously as he stops at the doorway of my room.
"Yup and I had really hot sex with your sister . . . . Three times." Tre says holding up three fingers like a child showing their age.
"What?!"
"Just kidding man." Tre says laughing, "Mike hogged all the sex."
"Chris nothing happened." I mutter as I roll my eyes.
"You sure."
"Yeah, this cast kind of restricts me, so even if I wanted to do anything, I wouldn't be able to."
"Alright then." Chris says glancing at the three of them suspiciously before walking into the washroom.

"I'm hungry, you got any food." Billie whines.
"Yeah downstairs." I say as I back out of the room.
"Oh goodie! Hearts, stars and horseshoes, clovers and blue moons, pots of gold and rainbows and a red balloon!" Tre chants as he skips down the hallway. Mike pushes my wheelchair to the staircase. "You're going to need someone to carry you."
"Yeah." I say putting my arm over Mike's shoulders.
"I'll help you too." Tre says smirking evilly.
"I fear for my own safety." I say nervously but luckily Billie Joe comes up to me and puts my arm over his shoulders and he and Mike help me up.
"Tre be a good perv and bring down the wheelchair." Billie says laughing. They carry me down the stairs and put me on the wheelchair again.

"Oh, oh Aide's coming today!" Billie says excitedly.
"Cool." I say as I pull a box of pop tarts out of one of the lower cupboard and attempt to put them in the toaster but fail.
"Got any lucky charms?" Tre asks as he fumbles through the cupboards.
"Umm the top shelf in that cupboard." I point out.
"Oh yum." He says happily as Mike takes the pop tarts from me and puts them in the toaster.
"Oh, oh! Left over spaghetti!" Billie yelps as he pulls a plastic container out of the fridge. The toaster pops and Mike hands me my pop tarts before putting two more in for himself.
"Fork, fork, fork." Billie mumbles as he goes though the drawers, "Aha! I found a fork." He pulls open the container and starts shoving large amounts of cold spaghetti in his mouth.