Status: Editing some of the chapters, and writing new ones. Leave lots of comments.

When Angels Cry Blood

The Prologue - Mission

This will kind of be cliché because everyone starts with an introduction but here I go. My name is Isabella Carr, and I am an angel. My father is Carman Carr, and my best friend’s name is Marissa Evans, but I called her Issa. I am one of the most accomplished angels in heaven, and although Issa needs a lot of help I love her anyway.

I usually get sent to the Earth for missions. My latest mission was to help a lost soul so low that there was only a tiny spark of hope for him. But now he is one of the more prominent humans, I think the president or something. I haven’t been to Earth in quite some time. They only call me in on special occasions, and I mean really special occasions. Instead of being a redeemer angel, which helps saves the souls of people who have nearly lost all hope, I am now a protector. I protect the humans from the damned along with the other protectors.

The good thing about getting assignments is Gabriel. Yes, Gabriel is a guy, and even though he is like a hundred years older than me doesn’t mean he isn’t good looking. Just so you know, we angels don’t age a day after we die. Jai is another assignment giver even though he is my age. The only reason he got the position is because he was at a very high stature when he was alive. He was the son of a king.

Gabriel has shaggy bright caramel colored hair with natural bronze and copper highlights. He has Bright green eyes like a young spring sapling with flecks of a warm soft caramel color matching his hair. His skin is lightly tanned and smooth to the touch. He is usually warm and kind, unless he happens to have an argument with Jac. His smile seemed to light up the room.

Jai, on the other hand, has long dark hair that hangs down to just below his chin in a choppy layered cut. He has long bangs swept to the side with a midnight black fringe. Dark cornflower highlights that match his pale blue eyes and hardy stare are sprinkled throughout his dark chocolate hair.

“Bella,” a voice rang out from the other side of my bedroom door. I’m guessing it’s my dad considering he’s the only one here.

“Come in dad,” I said, getting up from my bed.

“Isabella,” Dad said in a voice I recognized but hadn’t heard in a while.

“I have a mission,” I deadpanned. He nodded.

“Gabriel is at the door, he says you are to report straight to Jac,” My dad explained.

“Okay,” I smiled at my father as I tried desperately to hide my nervousness while we walked out of my room. I walked out of the front door to find a very impatient but nicely dressed Gabriel waiting on the cobble stoned walkway that stretched from the mailbox to the front door. He paced back and forth in a seemingly annoyed stride.

“Jac ordered to see you a half hour ago he is going to be angry,” Gabriel stated angrily. He must have gotten in an argument with Jac.

“Well, he will forgive me. What do you know about my mission,” I asked as I began walking towards the huge white buildings that preoccupied the center of the small village where I resided. The white buildings are known as the Capital. It was about a mile from my house, so it was good exercise.

“I know you are going to earth, but you're not doing your usual guardian routine. Jac is sending you as a normal human to watch over a very important person,” he explained.

“Who is this person?” I questioned.

“I have no clue, but I know it is a girl and she is some kind of key, she is important to the damned they have been watching her lately, so Jac feels she needs protection,” he explained.

“Who's watching her?” I asked, but Gabriel was silent.

“Who is watching her?” I repeated, annoyed.

“Xavier,” he replied nervously.

His name caused my blood to run cold in my veins. In recent years, the angels discovered another being of the damned. Vampires. We, at the time of discovery, were used to just the fallen and the demons. Vampires were and still are the worst; they are the hardest to kill and the most annoying to deal with. I have only met one, and that was on my last mission to the earth exactly five years ago. Guess who that vampire was?

“That’s not good,” I spoke softly. I was afraid that Gabriel might detect my nervousness at Xavier’s name. So much happened five years ago.

“Are you going to be able to handle this?” Gabriel asked.

“Aw, and here I was thinking you didn’t care,” I said sarcastically. Gabriel knows how much it bugs me when the angels think I can’t handle myself, I was the one who discovered the vampires. I managed to handle them once.

“Is, seriously are you going to be alright,” he asked.

“Yeah, Gabe, I’ll be fine.” I said as we reached the first of the huge white buildings. We walked in silence into the forth building in the cluster of buildings and up the stairs until we came to a huge oak door that was Jac’s office. Gabriel knocked, and we waited for an answer. Right away a deep voice signaled for us to enter.

A man about thirty years old with sandy blond hair sat in a tall leather chair behind a neat desk. The only things visible on the desk were a cup with a few pens and a manila envelope. His golden eyes locked onto me as a serious look crossed his face. It was a normal look for him. His sky blue tie reflected tiny specks of blue in his golden eyes which gave him a serene appearance, although the small almost undetectable crinkle in his brow shattered that illusion

“Bella, it has been a while,” Jac’s deep voice said.

“Well, who is to blame for that,” I asked playfully. Jac sensed my humor as a small crooked smile began to play upon his lips.

“You were always one of the more joking angels,” he replied.

“You may leave Gabriel, check on Jai. I want to be sure that Jai is doing his job as well,” Jac said as he waved a hand at Gabriel. He bowed slightly then left the room, Jac turned back to me.

“I’m sure you have been informed of pieces of your mission,” Jac stated.

“Yes,” I replied signaling for him to continue.

“The vampires and other various demons have been watching this girl,” he paused handing me a picture.

The picture was of a girl that was standing with one foot lazily propped on a small white step ladder. She stood with her back to an autumn styled back drop that held trees with shades of orange, yellow, and red that ranged from the color of the sun to the dark color of crimson. The girl was very pretty with long blond hair that hung to just below her shoulder blades. She had caramel brown eyes with a thin gray circle encasing her pupil. Her smile held a beautiful set of pearly white squared teeth which were set against beautiful full rosy pink lips. She looked to be about 5’6 and I couldn’t help but to think that she could be a model.

“Her name is Alexandria Waters, she is 18 years old; is that not the same age you died?” Jac said, and I nodded in agreement.

“Good, you two should get along quite agreeably. Her boyfriend is Zane Carter. They are still in high school and will graduate in five months. I will make a call to the school, and tell them that I had you home schooled, but you desperately want to walk the stage for your graduation. I’ll give them a close address. They’ll want to test you to make sure your graduating material, and of course you are. You’ll need human clothes. I suggest you tell Marissa to make you some since she is in charge of that. Oh, here this is a picture of Zane. If you need backup you know what to do. Xavier is on her case and that is about all the information I have on the situation,” Jac stated. I took the picture and the other information he was practically throwing at me. I nodded and he dismissed me. As I left I took a look at the boy.

He couldn’t have been more than 19 if he was that old. He was standing lazily against a brick wall with his foot on an amplifier as he strummed on a guitar. He had dark chocolate hair with natural copper colored highlights. His eyes appeared to be a beautiful grayish violet color that could only be seen after a storm on the sea. He had a crooked smile that made him seem both playful and mysterious. He looked as if he would tower over his girlfriend, but in a since I could see him modeling alongside her. They’d never have a dull moment, I thought. I continued to think about the couple as I walked down the street to my best friend's little clothes shop.

Believe it or not, we angels do buy clothes, only our clothes are handmade so they are much better, and the clothing maker does happen to make human clothes. If you’re not going on a mission it costs a lot. I couldn’t afford human clothes if it wasn’t for my missions.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going back through and editing this. I'll be posting chapter 8 as soon as the edit is done so 8 should be up sometime this week.