It Was Only Just A Dream

Best of Me

Jack Barakat was pacing. Never a good sign. Ever.

"What do you mean she said the same thing to me and Matt!?" Jack finally yelled at Rian.

Rian sighed and shrugged, for the fifth time. "I don't know, Jack. From what Zack said that Alex said is she called Matt over and said she didn't want to be in a relationship and then she called you. She talked to you not me. So you would know better then i would..."

Jack glared at him and continued to pace. He was confused. He was mad. He was ..hurt. "What. the. fuck."

Again Rian sighed, he wasn't exactly sure what he was supposed to do now. Jack wasn't like... crying, or anything. So that was a good sign. "I dont know what to tell you..."

The younger boy pulled at his dark hair, "I don't either! well not what to tell myself, well that too, but i don't know what to do!?!"

Then jack started thinking in over-drive. Should he call her back? would he end up yelling at her? Was he really even mad? Should he call Matt? Should he yell at Matt? Should he just go see her?

The last question made all of Jack's senses stop. His sudden lack of pacing made Rian's head snap from his cellphone to an all to quickly moving Jack. "What are you doing?" he questioned slowly, as jack quickly slipped his jacket on.

"I've gotta see her-"

"-Jack i don't-"

Jack cut Rian right back off, "I get it. Its not a good idea. But if she wants nothing to do with me anymore, then she can at least say it to my face."

"But that's not what she said! All she said was she doesn't want to date you again." Rian said quickly now, trying to stop jack from hurting himself even more.

"Yeah, but for me and her, saying that is basically the same thing." Jack said and was out the door.

Jack had never made it to anyone's house faster then he just did. Taking a deep breath he pulled out his phone and called her.

Inside the hosue Jacks ringtone blared from halies phone,

Tell me what you thought about when you were gone And so alone The worst is over You can have the best of me We got older But we're still young We never grew out of this feeling that we wont-"

"Jack,-"

"-Can you come outside?" he asked quickly, seeing her in the window of Kara's new place. how he knew she was there he didn't know but he had a gut instinct that he followed.

"You're outside? Jack I'm not home."

"I know. Come outside." he hung up and leaned against his car waiting. and in those thirty seconds, he forgot everything he wanted to say.

Halie looked out Kara's front door, spotting him right away, looked shocked. "Stalking me Barakat?" She asked jokingly, closing the door behind her.

Jack cracked a small smile but didn't laugh, "Look, Halie-"

"Dont start" She dragged out giving him a look.

"You dont even know what i was gunna say." he said, and she gave him another look. "Fine, maybe you do. But can i at least say it?"

Halie was quiet for a minute, thinking of the possible outcomes. "No. Jack i really dont need to hear it. I didn't do anything wrong. either situation would have ended badly, so i just avoided both. You and me have been fine as friends for years and i am not about to screw it up."

He sighed, tugging at his hear again, "We HAVE NOT been fine as friends. You know there has always been something more here."

"And there's always gonna be. You know that. But its not what we think. It hasn't been for a while."

"What the fuck does that mean?!" Jack almost yelled, his tone getting exceptionally louder, but he restrained himself.

Halie sighed, crossing her arms over the black t she had on, "It means we think we still love each other, but we dont." Jack stood stunned. his whole body went numb and he had no idea what he was thinking. How could he even reply to that. And good thing cause Halie didn't give him time to reply. "Lets just be friends, okay? Because that's all i can handle right now."

While jack still stood there stunned, staring at her, she gave him a sad smile and wlaked away, leaving jack with a pain in his chest and a question he still had no answer to:

What. the. fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
short. im sorry.
i suck.