Status: Completed

P.S I Love You

Unexpected Surprise

Holly was two weeks away from calling her pregnancy nine months. Sharon came around more since the doctor told Holly she could go into labor any minute now, but Sharon would trade shifts with Kara who sometimes stayed with Holly. Denise would come around but with the wedding just around the corner, she hardly had time too. Holly didn’t mind though, but she did hate not doing ‘maid of honor’ duties, Denise assured her to rest and she would take care off all the arrangements.

“So sis, how you feeling?”

Holly sighed, “Tired. My back is really killing me.”

Kara sat up from the sofa to rub her sister’s neck; she could feel how tense she was in the shoulders. All the emotional stress was not good for the baby and her sister, but she knew Holly was dealing with it the best she could.

“Look at my ankles! There so huge!” Holly giggled when she held up her legs and wiggled her toes.

Kara laughed, “Oh come on! You’re supposed to see this as a beautiful thing.”

Holly smiled, “Oh I do. Gerry would be the one making fun of my ankles and my weight.”

Kara giggled, “He would.”

Holly sighed when Gerry’s name lingered in her head. She hasn’t felt him around as much as she used too. It worried her too, because she saw how dependant she got on feeling Gerry’s kisses or his hugs.

A sharp pain in Holly’s stomach distracted her from her thoughts. She could hear Kara gasp, but Holly cringed in pain when she felt the pain on her lower back. Then she heard a splash hit the floor from between her legs.

Holly’s eyes would pop out if she opened them any more wider.

“Kara….please tell me that was a glass of water you dropped.” Holly whispered.

Kara laughed, “HOLLY! YOU’RE IN LABOR!”

Holly groaned out in loud but was cut off by a pain in her stomach. “Well get me to the hospital! These contractions are so close together!”

Kara ran to Holly’s room to get her overnight bag, then she phoned a cab and then headed for Holly. She was screaming in excitement on the inside, she was going to be an aunt soon!

Holly rubbed her stomach trying to make the pain go away, but it was getting worse and worse. Something inside her was warming up, she was going to be a mom soon and have Gerry’s baby in her arms.

Kara helped Holly out of the cab and into the hospital. She checked Holly in and soon her doctor, Jose Rodriguez came running down the hall to help Holly. Kara phoned all her family, include Denise and Sharon –who screamed for awhile on the phone- then she ran back to Holly’s room where the doctor was checking her contractions. Holly has only been in labor for only two hours.

“Ok you’re about ten to five minutes apart. It’s good really good. Everything looks really good Holly. The baby’s heart sounds really well, and you’re about eight centimeters dilated.”

Holly groaned in pain but forced a smile to her doctor, “Thanks doc.”

Kara took his place by Holly to hold her hand, but quickly regretted it when she gasped and squeezed her hand.

“Ow.” Kara whispered flexing her fingers.

Patricia came running threw the doors asked for Holly’s room number and busted threw 1301 door to find her oldest daughter breathing in and out slowly.

Patricia stood on Holly’s left side to kiss her forehead and rub her hair, “How are you feeling?”

Holly sighed, “What do you think?”

Patricia smiled, “In pain I’m guessing.”

Sharon and Denise came threw the doors to see their best friend squeezing her eyes shut and panting.

“Oh Holly.” Sharon sighed. She stood next to Kara to squeeze Holly’s hand. Denise stood next to her grinning at Holly.

“This is such a bitch.” Holly panted.

Everyone laughed expect for Sharon.

“What’s wrong Sharon? Getting scared?” Denise teased.

Sharon nodded with her eyes open wide, “I’m not ready”

Denise laughed, “What? Of course you’re ready.”

Sharon shook her head, “No I’m not ready. Stay in! Stay in!”

Holly giggled, “You’ll do fine Sharon.”

“No, no! Some one hand me a tampon!”

Holly and Denise along with Kara all laughed at Sharon, her expression never changed. Sharon was scared shitless seeing Holly sweating and out of breath.

“Sharon.” Patricia whispered. She didn’t want to laugh with the girls, she was worried about Holly.

“It’s like I told Holly. You may think you’re not ready now, but when you have that baby in your arms for the first time….it all hits you. Suddenly you can’t wait to take her or him home to love unconditionally. Sharon you are ready, trust me.”

Sharon smiled slightly and rubbed her stomach. She felt every part of her insides go warm at the thought of holding her baby for the first time.

Holly gasped again, the tips of her fingers going white as she squeezed her mothers hand.

Holly fell limp once her contraction passed; she really wanted this to be over with already.

Her doctor came threw the door seeing Holly pale as white. “Ok. You ready Mrs. Kennedy?”

Holly grinned, “I’ve been ready.”

Patricia bent to kiss her daughters head as they rolled her away. The next time she saw Holly, she would be a mother. The baby is an unexpected surprise, but such a blessing.