Status: Completed

P.S I Love You

The Pub

Holly, Denise, and Sharon arrived in Ireland around mid-afternoon. Holly starred around at the beautiful green mountains. It’s been so long since she’s been here. The last she was here……is when she first met Gerry.

Holly rented a car and drove down to the cabin Gerry had rented for this trip. Holly was amazed how everyone at the travel agency all started to cry when Holly showed her agent the package. They all said it was the most romantic thing ever.

They came into view of a beautiful home. It was huge! It had a small white fence surrounding it. The windows had blue shutters with a porch that surrounded the home.

Holly, Sharon, and Denise all stood in front of it admiring it.

“Get the bags.” Sharon whispered. She walked through the gate and into the house. It was so big inside! Something she never expected Gerry to rent. But then she smiled to herself when she realized who this was all really for. His Holly.

Sharon walked into the kitchen where on the table was a white envelope that said, “Hey Big Mama”. Sharon gasped at the letter. That was for her.

“HOLLY!” She yelled.

Holly and Denise were fighting with their bags when they heard her yell. They both dashed inside to see Sharon holding up a letter. Holly grinned.

“It’s for me.” Sharon whispered. Holly looked at the envelope that said, “Hey Big Mama” on it.

Sharon could feel tears in her eyes. She missed Gerry so much. She didn’t know how Holly did this every week. She took a deep breath as she read the letter out loud.

“Hey Mama,
Make sure my baby has a great time here in me home land. I want you to take her fishing.”

Holly laughed, “Oh god! He’s been trying to get me on a boat forever!”

Sharon giggled, “Make sure she has a great time. I’ll be watching her expression from up here. I don’t want to miss this. Sharon, make sure you and John do everything you wanted to do together. Make sure to give yourself a big pony boy kiss for me. You’re an angel Sharon. Love you.”
“I bet I have a letter too! I wonder where he would hide one for me.” Denise started to look around the house.

“The bedroom!” Sharon and Holly yelled.

Denise rolled her eyes as she climbed the stairs. “Which one?” They looked in all three rooms, and the room that Denise first opened was where the letter sat on the pillow.

“I FOUND IT!” Denise held the envelope in her hand and giggled to herself when she saw the title on it. “STOP AND READ THIS!”

Holly and Sharon both ran into the bed room where Denise was yelling from. Holly rushed to Denise side and read the title. She laughed with Sharon.

Denise opened the letter and read it out loud.

“Denise,
I want you to take my baby out to me best pub Willies. It’s filled with great talent and wonderful people who I grew to love. Denise you’re going to heaven for being my baby’s friend. I got all the men lined up here for you. Make sure you do whatever you set your heart too. Love you.”

Denise set the letter on the nightstand and sighed, “I have no idea how you do this.”

Holly shrugged and felt sadness fill her heart. He didn’t leave her a letter.

“What’s the matter baby?” Sharon asked.

“He didn’t leave me a letter.” Holly whispered.

Denise sighed, “Well that’s because he didn’t love you as much as us.”

Holly was in her bedroom getting ready. She didn’t know what to wear to the pub. All sorts of outfits were laid out on the bed. She nibbled on her bottom lip contemplating which one screamed “PUB” to her. Holly finally settled with a white low cut shirt that hugged her curves quite nicely, she wore her black skinny jeans with her black open toed heels. Holly let her wavy hair fall around her face; she checked her makeup and walked out her room.

Holly was coming down the stairs when Denise whistled.
“Oh my god you look hot!” Denise smiled.

Holly giggled, “Even if I’m two months pregnant?”

Sharon laughed, “Hey even mothers need to look hot. Let’s go.”

When they got to the pub, Holly found a booth in the far back. She could feel Gerry with her more than ever in here.

“Oh my god! Who is that?” Denise yelled through all the different voices.

Holly felt her whole body freeze. She knew who that was, Gerry’s best friend William.

Sharon saw how still Holly got, “What baby? Do you know?”

Holly nodded, “William. He was Gerry’s best friend.”

Denise stayed starring at him, “He’s hot.”

“Go say hi.” Sharon smiled.

Holly nodded, “I should. I mean he helped us…..he explained. I should. I should.”
Holly stood up from the booth, not taking her eyes off of William. He’s changed so much since she last saw him. He had short cropped black hair with brown eyes. Holly was now standing right behind him, she tucked her hair behind her ear as she tapped his shoulder.

William turned around to find the most beautiful women he has ever seen. “Hello.”

Holly smiled, “Hi. Do you remember me?”

William turned his whole body towards her to get a better look. She did look familiar, but not someone he’s seen recently.

“Holly. Gerry’s wife.”

William eyes widen when he heard her name. Gerry was his best mate. He put his glass on the bar and wrapped his arms around Holly.

“Oh man. Holly. How have you been?” He smiled.

Holly giggled, “I’m ok.”

“That’s so good. Let’s talk back here alright?” He pulled Holly to the back of the stage. He shut the curtains and turned to Holly’s smiling face.

“It’s too loud out there. You look great!” He smiled.

Holly giggled, “Yeah so do you. It’s been too long.”

William smiled, “It has. What ten years?”

She nodded, “Yes.”

William starred at Holly for awhile. He could clearly see the pain in her eyes. William remembered the day he heard about Gerry passing away. He hasn’t been the same since, he felt like he lost his brother.

“I’m sorry about Gerry. It’s such a shame to let something that good go.”

Holly frowned and looked away, “Yeah. It’s hard.”

“What are you doing here? Come to visit Rose and Martin?”

She nodded, “Yeah. I plan on seeing them tomorrow and tell them…….” Holly snapped her mouth shut. She didn’t want to tell William about her pregnancy.

William nodded, “That’s great Holly. Don’t be afraid though. Rose doesn’t hate yer guts anymore.”

Holly laughed, “I’m so relieved.”

William and Holly stayed talking for a moment. Then it was time for William to perform so Holly had to exit the stage.

“Will you stay and have a listen Holly?” He smiled.

Holly nodded, “Of course.”

Holly grabbed Denise and Sharon as they found a spot on the floor to watch William sing and play his guitar. Holly suddenly remembered Gerry, how he loved to play the guitar before he went to bed. She remembered the way he used to sing her to sleep sometimes. Holly felt a sting of pain in her chest and she had to get out of there. Holly pushed her way out of the pub and outside. She leaned against a wall and crossed her arms.

Sharon and Denise grabbed their stuff and headed outside for Holly. They found her leaning against a wall with her arms crossed.

“What happened baby?” Sharon asked.

“Why does he want me to remember all these things? It just makes it harder for me to move on. It’s cruel.” Holly felt tears falling from her eyes as she starred at her two best friends.

Sharon felt her heart shatter when Holly said those words, “No baby. He doesn’t mean to be cruel.”

“Then what does he mean?”

Denise sighed; she looked at Sharon and shrugged. “I don’t know baby. In time you will find out. Come on, let’s get you home.

Sharon and Denise each wrapped an arm around Holly and guided her to the car. They only seen Holly once in this much pain, and that was the day after Gerry passed away. Neither of them wanted to see her that upset again, but they both knew coming to Ireland was going to be hard. It’s where they first met and fell in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
=p