Status: Completed

P.S I Love You

Fishing Trip

Holly, Denise, and Sharon all sat in a boat they rented early that morning. Holly was fishing for the first time in her life, and never did she dream it was going to be this boring.

“Ireland history is amazing.” Denise smiled.

Holly had her eyes shut, trying to get a tan. It never failed Holly whenever she had her eyes closed; Gerry was always there to smile at her.

“Holly you look really green.” Sharon had her eye brow arched.

“I feel fine.”

Sharon shrugged but kept an eye on Holly. Sharon felt a little sick also, the morning sickness came in this morning. She has never puked so much in all her life.

“You should find William. I mean, you just left him there.” Denise shrugged.

“Nice Denise.”

“Well it’s true! She did just kind of dump him.”

“I can’t find him. What will I say? ‘Sorry to drop out on you, I just needed a cry because you reminded me of Gerry.’ Really? No I think not.”

Denise shrugged, “Sounds good to me.”

“Leave her alone. If she’s not ready, she’s not ready!” Sharon said.

Denise rolled her eyes and continued her book. She just wanted the best for Holly. Denise hated seeing her best friend in pain.

Holly felt butterflies in her stomach when she saw Gerry smile at her behind her closed eyes. She smiled back and caught the kiss he blew at her.

“You alright there Holly?” Sharon asked.

Holly popped open her eyes and saw the sun setting behind the mountain. She resituated herself and smiled.

“Yes. I’m fine.”

“Let’s head back.” Denise grabbed an ore while Holly grabbed the other. Soon they were moving back to shore.

Sharon grabbed the picnic basket and the other stuff they took with them. The girls headed back to the car when William called out Holly’s name.

“Oh shit!” Holly whispered under her breath.

“Go talk to him!” Denise pushed.

“And say what?”

“Just go!” This time Sharon pushed her into Williams’s chest. William caught her by the arms before she fell.

“Oh their you are.”

Holly slowly lifted her head to stare into Williams eyes. “Uh…hi.”

He smiled, “Hello. You alright there?”

Holly smiled, “Perfect.”

William chuckled. He knew exactly why she left that night, the pub was where she and Gerry first kissed, but according to Gerry it was their fourth.

“Listen I know why you left that night. I should have taken into consideration why it would be hard for you to stay in that building. I’m really sorry Holly.”

Holly opened her mouth to say something, but she couldn’t. Instead she smiled and looked back at Denise and Sharon who were watching her every move.

Holly starred back into Williams eyes, “William…it’s not your fault at all. I just had a run in with de ja vu. That’s it. It had nothing to do with you.”

William took a deep breath as he took in Holly’s words. “Ok. So we’re ok?”

Holly laughed, “We’re fine!”

William chuckled, “Ok.” He waited for her to stop giggling before he said goodbye. “Well then. I’ll catch you later.”

Holly nodded, “Ok. Well we leave tomorrow so…”

William frowned, “Oh.” He looked around at the pink sky; he couldn’t believe she was leaving so soon. “Well. I’ll see you really soon then. I’m sorry we spent so little time together.” He hugged her tightly to his chest. Something about Holly made him sad when she said she was leaving.

“Take care then.” He whispered.

Holly smelled his scent. What was the deal with all these Irish men smelling so damn good?

“You too William.”

She pulled away from him to smile kindly. William waved goodbye as he climbed back into his truck and drove away leaving his heart with Holly.

Holly walked back to the car and drove down to the cabin. She never felt so alive next to another man besides Gerry. Gerry was the only one that still gave her butterflies like a teenage girl, or made her laugh the way she used to around him. Holly sighed when se remembered that she was pregnant with Gerry’s baby.

Holly dropped all her stuff on the chair in her room, Sharon shuffled her way into the room and flopped down on the bed.

“So that trip was pretty damn boring. Hope Gerry got a laugh out of that.” Sharon sighed.

Holly smiled; she could feel Gerry’s breath against her cheek. “Oh I’m sure he did. Just seeing me on the boat was probably a good laugh for the asshole.”

Sharon giggled, “Oh it made my day watching you sit there so cute in your little life jacket.”

“Eat me.”

“Hello.”

Holly laughed with Sharon. Sharon soon excused herself with a kiss on Holly’s cheek and walked out the room into her own.

Holly lay on the bed still fully dressed. She closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
lol