My Weasley Story

His Hearts Decision

“Ron!” I turned to see Hermione running my direction cutting across the school yard toward me.

“Oh hey Hermione.” I said as I kept walking she had caught up to me and was walking the same pace as me.

“Guess what!” She almost screeched into my ear.

“What?” I asked in a low tone.

“Are you ok Ron?” Hermione asked me in a soft caring voice.

“Yeah I’m just thinking sorry go on. What’s so exciting?”

Her face lit up her smile wide cheeks blushed a bright red, “Cedric Diggory just asked me out for tonight! Isn’t that great?” She finished.

I didn’t know why, but something in the pit of my stomach ached at her news I put a smile on and looked at her bright smiling face, “Yeah that’s great Hermione.”

“I know right well ill see you in the dorms I’m going to find Harry and tell him bye.” She grabbed my shoulder and gave me a quick peck on the cheek my cheeks felt like they blushed the press of her soft lips on my cheek put butterflies in my stomach. She pulled away and turned in the other direction running off to find Harry like a scavenger hunt she was so excited. How come I wasn’t as happy for her as she was for herself? I know it’s because she’s a girl and I’m a guy yeah right that’s it.

When I got back to the dorm Harry was reading a book sitting in a chair by the fireplace he looked up and smiled, “Heya Ron.”

“Hey Harry.” I replied sheepishly.

“You ok Ron?” Why was everyone asking me that same question?

“Oh yeah I’m great never been better. Um you know Hermione’s looking for you?”

He got up out of his warm looking chair and shut the book he was reading laying it lightly in the seat, “Ron your pale white.” He sounded worried, but when he saw I had nothing to say he continued on trying to act normal, “And no I didn’t know Hermione was looking for me thanks.”

I nodded and swung my bag up over my shoulder as I spoke, “Your welcome well ill catch you later Harry I got homework.” I turned for the stair well that lead up to me and Harry’s room and opened the door up shutting it silently behind me hoping Harry would let this awkward moment go.

About an hour later I heard the door open behind me as I sat at the desk back turned toward the door, “May I come in?” It was Hermione.

“Yeah sure.” I said focusing harder on my homework.

“Um Harry said you didn’t look so good and you know me I’m miss worry.” She gave a light laugh that rang in my ears over and over in my mind it was the sweetest laugh.

“Oh yeah I know and I’m fine really I just had a bad lunch, but I’m over it now.” I turned and gave her a bright big smile.

She smiled back just as wide, “Awww Ron I love you to death I don’t know what I’d do without you around or if something happened to you.” My heart had jumped and I caught my breath at her words, “Or Harry.” That was where my heart sank. Harry? I thought about it of course me and Harry were the same to her we were both her best friends and we were both always there for her, but I felt something stronger toward her than I’m sure Harry did he probably didn’t feel this at all.

“Yeah I love you too Hermione.” She lurched at me for a hug then leaned back I’ll see you later Ron after me and Cedric go on our date wish me luck ok.” I nodded she just turned toward the dorm door and trotted off out it going to see and meet Cedric for the night I was sure of it.

I had gone to lie on my bed about a half hour ago I kept wondering. How was Hermione’s date with Cedric going? Were they having fun? Had he made a move and kissed her yet? The thought of him kissing her made me feel pure anger deep inside, “Ron?” I looked over at the door Harry had come in and I hadn’t even noticed. Was I really that far in my thoughts?

“Oh hey Harry.” I looked back up at the ceiling.

“Ron what’s wrong you haven’t been ok all evening I was trying to let earlier in the dorm go, but I just cant watch you look like this anymore tell me what’s on your mind please.” He pleaded sitting on his bed across from mine beside me.

I rolled over propping myself up on my elbow, “Harry I think I have feelings for Hermione.”

Harry’s mouth spread into a smile, “So all afternoon you’ve been jealous over Cedric going out with Hermione tonight?”

I snapped. Why was he smirking at me? I glared a minute, “You think this is funny? These are my feelings Harry!”

He looked at me with a straight face smile wiped away and all trace of laughing at me was gone, “I’m sorry Ron I wasn’t laughing at you I just thought it was cute and it’s your first real crush I just didn’t know it would be on Hermione. Why haven’t you told her how you feel?”

This was a good question and I wasn’t sure I had the answer for him, “I don’t know Harry I just don’t know.” I felt so dull and glum.

“Ron sleep on it tell Hermione tomorrow morning how you really feel when she’s back and not on her date. Ok?” He looked at me for a response.

“Maybe.” I whispered turning over and turning my lamps light switch off I could hear Harry click his lamps light off as well.

As my eyes opened I stretched my arms out over my head I looked at the window I could see the sun starting to rise then there it was the thought hit me yesterday Hermione my stomach clenched she had done gone out with Cedric and come back from her date. I wonder how it went. Where was she now? I didn’t know, but I had to find her I threw on a pair of jeans and a Hogwarts school t-shirt and ran down to breakfast hall there sat Harry third table, but no Hermione I walked to him and sat down beside him, “Where’s Hermione?”

Harry looked at me with a sad face and pointed behind us to another table I turned around and what I saw hurt my insides more than anything Hermione was wrapped under Cedric’s arm he had his arms wrapped around her she laughed at almost everything he said maybe things had gone better last night than I thought they would she turned and saw me looking she smiled wide and bright and waved at me I stood and ran out of the breakfast hall when I got out into the hall I ran for the schools front doors and went out them I walked to the schools stone steps and sat down, “Ron what’s wrong?” I heard Hermione’s voice behind me.

“Nothing go away.” I snarled at her.

She put her hand lightly on my shoulder and sat beside me pulling my face up to look her in the eyes, “Ron don’t tell me that I’ve known you since we were in diapers I’m not stupid I can see when you hurt I can see your not ok.”

“You didn’t seem to see me when I was hurting all yesterday and last night.” I had let it slip.

“What are you talking about Ron?”

I stood and looked down at her, “Today, I didn't even try to hide.

I'll stay here and never push things to the side.” I put my hand out to her she grabbed it I pulled her to her feet, “Hermione I really do love you I’m crazy about you and you being with Cedric hurts me badly I feel like I’m dying inside.”

Her face changed, “Oh Ron. Why didn’t you say so yesterday? If I knew I wouldn’t have gone I feel the same about you too.” She grabbed me around my neck and pulled me down to meet her our lips meet and it was pure bliss her kiss so soft and sweet I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but at the moment this was perfect so I didn’t really care as long as I was with her nothing else mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy it = )