Status: Finished! Go read Sleepwalking Past Hope!

Devour

Cure His Heart

Today the bane of my existence arrived. Oh, sweet pandemonium. Ville laughed hysterically before taking a draw from his cigarette. He exhaled smoke through laughter. It was finally warm enough to be outside. We sat out on the balcony.

Ville replaced the umbrella this morning, he also bought about 15 plastic chairs for the occasion. Bam propped his feet up on the table and leaned back in his chair. Ali wasn’t here with him, she went back to the ’States to do something. However, the rest of their comrade’s were here. They were scattered around the balcony.

“We’re out of drinks.” Ville said, he smiled his devilish smile and winked at me. The hint was easy to take.

“Okay, I’ll get it.” I said then got up and went inside the house. I ventured downstairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed a popsicle from the freezer and hopped up on the counter. I pulled the plastic paper off and took a bite. The cool grape flavor filled my mouth with a comfortable taste.

“Alice! Have you seen my acoustic--” Ville stopped mid-sentence. I raised and eyebrow and smiled.

“I caught you.” He laughed as he casually walked closer to me.

“I know…I just don’t know all your friends. I’ve been nice to them though!” I pleaded, though it sounded like muffled sadness due to the popsicle.

Ville smiled, “I know. They all like you though.”

I grinned, “You didn’t come looking for your guitar did you?”

He shook his head no, “We’ve not been together all day.”

“Ville, your friends and my brother are here…”

“We’ve fucked in Bam’s house before!” He replied.

“Ew!” Bam yelled as he walked to the fridge, grabbed a beer then left.

Ville broke out into laughter, “Now no one will come in here, because he just went and told them we were going to fuck.”

I couldn’t help but laugh.

“No, really, let’s go play some music. No one’s ever heard you sing.” He said as he picked me up from the counter and sat me on the ground.

“I could have done that myself.” I said with my mouth crammed full of popsicle.

Ville ran into the living room and grabbed his guitar. I adjusted my shirt and prepared myself. There were butterflies in my stomach as Ville led me upstairs.

----

I sat impatiently on the edge of the balcony. Ville sat in a chair next to me. I leaned down and whispered what song to play. He smiled and nodded. It was a simple song yet the only one I knew all the words to.

I smiled nervously. Everyone’s attention diverted directly to me. I took a deep breath.

“I’m a sucker for some pretty eyes, but they’re goin’ home with some other girl tonight. I guess I’ll be fine cause there’s one boy that’s all mine. He’s seen it before, he’ll see it again. Cause that other girl’s goin’ home with him but I don’t mind.” I continued the song. It was welcomed by a clapping and Bam’s yelling. I smiled and turned every color but the right one. Ville smiled, he was proud, like I was his apprentice.

I was proud of myself. I finally felt like I belonged.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel trippy, spinning and poetic in a dead stare.
I wish I was high.