Status: Finished! Go read Sleepwalking Past Hope!

Devour

Growing Old is Getting Old

Jacob passed out dead asleep as soon as we got in the car. Ville laid him down on the bed.

“Come here.” He said then held his arms open. I quickly nestled into his arms.

“We made a beautiful child.” I whispered.

I felt him smiled against my shoulder.

“We did, you turned him into that amazing person.” He whispered.

“He’s not even half the person he’s going to be. He needs you here for that.” I said as I ran my hands up the back of his shirt.

“I’m going to be here for that. He was so excited out there tonight.” He said then let me go.

I sat down on the edge of the bed and pulled my shoes off. Ville sat in the chair.

“I’m sweaty and tired.” He said through his yawn.

I smirked, “Bam is next door right?”

He leaned his head against the wall, closed his eyes and nodded.

“Want to let him keep Jacob for a while?” I offered. He smiled, with his eyes still closed.

“I would babe, but I’m so tired.” He apologized.

I stood up and pulled the blankets down on Jacob’s bed then maneuvered him underneath them. I kissed his forehead then moved to the other bed. I pulled the covers down on that one too.

“Wanna skip a shower and just lay down with me?”

He shook his head no, “I’m gonna go take a quick one, then we shall sleep.”

“Okay,” I said then pulled my jacket off and slipped underneath the blankets. I wanted nothing more than to be married to that man. So we can actually be a family, a proper family at least.

Moments later the weight shifted on the bed and I felt a pair of skinny arms wrap around me. He pressed his chest flesh against my back.

“When can we get married?” He whispered.

“In a few months.” I smiled as I felt him press his lips against the crook of my neck.

“You can plan it. I’ll be there.” He said then chuckled softly.

“I want too before my belly get’s too big.” I said, causing him to put his hands on my belly.

“That will be soon. I can’t wait.”

“Ew, why? It gets all deformed.” I laughed gently.

“I like it. It’s nice.”

“You truly are strange.”

He tightened his grip on me, “You know, I really hope that it’s a girl. I want a little girl. I want to baby her and kick boys’ asses for fucking with her. I really want that. I mean I still love Jacob but it feels strange. I mean--I don’t know what I’m doing.”

“You’re doing everything right.”

“I think we should put him in karate classes or something like that.” He said, out of the blue. Here was this man that I thought was borderline pacifist saying we should teach our son to fight.

“Why?”

“I forgot everything I knew about fighting.”

I laughed, “I will.”

“Plus, when he gets old enough he can kick Jesse’s ass.” I could hear the smirk in his voice. He and his brother have went their separate ways. Though they still love each other, they’re not close at all anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Three more chapters left. I'm sorry that it's ending but I think this is the end of the road for Alice and Ville.