Status: Finished! Go read Sleepwalking Past Hope!

Devour

The Bitter Taste of You

It felt like I was saying goodbye to a long lost friend. He kissed me softly and told me he was staying in town for a few weeks, until we could sort it out. Somehow I knew that was going to be harder than it sounded. He rested his forehead against mine and whispered goodbye.

I walked away with a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach telling me that I should have stayed. I closed my eyes and carried on. The taxi was waiting downstairs.

----

I don't know if he planned for that to happen or if it just did. I don't know if he thought that it would win my over or push me away. I don't know how it made me feel. I tip-toed into the house at three in the morning. Bam was sitting in the living room drinking.

"Considering how happy you are, you should thank Missy." He said before he took another drink of his beer.

I took my high heels off and threw them down next to the door. I ignored his comment and carried on my way up the stairs.

"I'm marrying her." He said softly.

I stopped dead in my tracks, "Bam, that's serious."

"I love her."

"She treats you bad!" I replied.

"Well I figured my little sister can handle someone treating her bad, so can I." He said as he stood up from his chair.

I walked back down the stairs. "I'm not that weak little Alice anymore."

He never said a word, just disappeared downstairs. I shook my head and walked upstairs.

----

My nursing classes start today. In the past year I've been trying to get out of this house. Bam won't listen to me about Missy and I don't want to look at her.

I pulled my backpack straps up on my shoulders and ran downstairs.

"Ready to go!" Brandon asked as he danced around eagerly. Sadly this is my chauffeur.

"Yep, I'm gonna be late." I said as I followed him out of the house. I'm trying for my license soon, March to be exact.

You will survive somehow, because life starts now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't like this one that much.
Anyways, the next will be better.

:D