Status: Finished! Go read Sleepwalking Past Hope!

Devour

Shakedown 1979

"Sit still!" I said as I tried to wrangle Jacob. He squirmed as I brushed his long brown hair. I rolled my eyes as he called me stupid.

"It's not polite to call your mother names." Ville said in his own way. He's a natural father, when he's here.

Jacob hung his head and sat still.

"Jake, I'm gonna drop you off at daycare and Bam's going to pick you up." I said as I picked him up off of the bed and sat him on the floor. Ville watched intently as I handed him his backpack and led him to the frontdoor.

"I'm going with you today, right?" Ville asked, he was worse than Jacob, riding my heels.

I smiled though frustrated, "Yes, your my second son today."

He laughed, "Okay, Mommy."

Jacob's face turned angry, "That's my Mommy, get your own."

Ville laughed to himself.

"Bam! I'm taking the hummer!" I yelled as I picked up the car keys and left the house. Ville helped Jacob into the backseat and after struggling buckled him into the car seat. He hopped into the passengers seat and closed his door behind him.

"What do you want to listen to, Jake?" I asked as I pulled the vehicle into drive.

"Curious George soundtrack." He said as he played with his action figure.

I put the cd into the cd player. The ride into town was quiet. We arrived at Noah's Ark daycare. I got out, opened Jacob's door, pryed the action figure out of his sleeping hand and unbuckled him. I carefully got him out of the vehicle, careful not to wake him.

"Here, let me take him. He's heavy." Ville said as he took Jacob from my arms. We walked inside and dropped him off.

Once we were back in the vehicle an awkward silence fell.

"So that's what I've been missing?" Ville asked.

I smiled, "Yep, you're about to go run a whole lot of errands with me. Not to mention I'm doin' homework and cleaning the house later."

"Wow, you really are wonderwoman."

"I alone am best!"

He laughed, "You're more like Lois Lane and I'm superman."

I laughed sarcastically, "What makes you so sure of that?"

"I won you back."

I groaned as I backed out of the parking lot, "Stop saying that. Just because we're friendly doesn't mean that you 'won me back'."

He hung his head.

Shake these zero blues.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been watching too much smallville.
i looove clark kent.