Status: Complete ]: Prequel?

Please Don't Forgive Me

Chapter Twenty-Six: Girls & Boys

I woke up in the morning tangled up with Garrett. His arms were wrapped haphazardly around my waist and our legs were crisscrossed. My hands were placed on his arms and his chin was resting on my collarbone. The sheets were tangled up in between us and around us.

I giggled and squinted as the sunlight burned my dry eyes. Garrett started to stir and I smiled as he opened his eyes. When he saw me, his lips turned upward into his smile; the classic, killer, Garrett Nickelsen smile. “Morning,” I greeted seductively.

“Good morning,” he chuckled kissing me on the lips. I rolled away from him and out of bed. “No,” he whined, “where are you going?”

“I am going to make coffee and get breakfast,” I answered. I grabbed his hand and he lace his fingers in between mine. “Come with me,” I said pulling him out of bed. He wrapped his arms around my waist, making it difficult for me to walk into the kitchen.

“Sure,” he said as we stumbled through the living room. I spun around in his arms to kiss him, but instead tripped over the area rug situated under the couch.

“Umph,” I groaned as he landed on top of me. He kissed me and I started to giggle.

“Hello?” I heard as the door creaked open. “Hell—oh?” I blushed slightly. I was wearing only an oversized t-shirt that I had taken out of Garrett’s dresser and Garrett was only wearing sweatpants.

“Hi,” I replied as Garrett responded with a guttural sound of protest.

“Did I interrupt something?” Kenny asked walking into the kitchen area.

“No,” I responded at the same time that Garrett said ‘yes.’ I laughed and pushed him off of me. “Not when we have company,” I warned Garrett as he tried to lay back down and kiss me.

“When he leaves?” he asked hopefully wearing a pout.

“Oh, absolutely.” I pushed him and he stood up this time. I stood on my tiptoes and pecked him on the lips before walking into the kitchen to make coffee. “So, what brings you here so early?” I asked Kenny as Garrett walked into the kitchen and plopped disgruntled onto the stool at the counter.

“John and I decided to bring food,” he said holding up a bag. John, as if on cue, came strolling tiredly into the kitchen. “So what did I encounter when I came in? Are all problems worked out? Are you guys finally together?” he asked quickly.

“U-uhm,” I began. What were Garrett and I? I mean, yeah we had sex. Yeah, we loved each other, but did we actually define what we were?

“Yes, we’re finally together.” I thanked the God that I barely believed in for Garrett’s response. Not only did it make me giddy as a school girl, it meant I didn’t have to answer; I didn’t have to define the relationship.

“Yes!” John exclaimed. “Kenny, you owe me twenty bucks.” I laughed to myself.

“You guys had a bet?” Garrett asked bewildered.

“Yeah, we took a bet on how many days it would take for you two to smooth things over and admit you loved each other. I said it would take her a while to forgive you, but I guess I was wrong.” Kenny poured himself a cup of coffee and took a bagel out of the bag. “Oh, but John, we’re even,” he laughed into his coffee mug.

“Oh, come on, how would you know?”

“Come on, how could you not,” he responded, moving his eyes back and forth between John and Garrett and I in an attempt to point us out.

“Oh,” John replied with a smirk. “Alright. I guess we’re even.”

“What else did you bet on?” Garrett asked, “I’m afraid to ask.”

“Oh, it was nothing,” John answered quickly—too quickly.

“Did you really bet on that?” I asked shocked, looking down at my attire. “You really bet on how long it would take after we got together to have sex?”

“Yes,” they responded in unison. I scoffed loudly and Garrett shook his head, humored and disapprovingly.

"Boys will be boys," I said shaking my head and pouring myself a cup of coffee.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone, I know its late, but I managed to get another one out. I've averaged about three chapters a day with this story. I'm proud of myself. So, I hope this is good. So, read, comment, subscribe. Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?
Love, Jaylee <333