Status: Complete ]: Prequel?

Please Don't Forgive Me

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Over and Over

I stood on my tiptoes to steal one last kiss. His fight was already boarding but I couldn’t seem to let him go. “I love you,” I whispered as our foreheads were pressed against one another. “I don’t want to miss you.”

“I love you too. I’ll be home soon though. Until then we can get through it. Until then we have technology.” He kissed my forehead and turned to leave. As he walked away the distance became too far and our hands slipped apart, leaving my arm stretched out toward him. I could feel my upper lip quivering, but I wouldn’t let myself cry. I couldn’t show weakness this soon.

Ever since that one time he left we’d had an agreement. We don’t say goodbye. We don’t say goodbye, because it’s only a see you later. He turned to blow a kiss and mouth ‘I love you,’ before he walked through the gate.

I stayed long enough to watch the plane take off. And then I started to cry. He was gone and I was alone again. I walked quickly out to his yellow car which I was responsible for driving home. I climbed into the driver’s seat and gripped the steering wheel tightly. It was then that I let myself scream and let the tears pour out freely. He was gone again. He would be gone until Christmas and right now that seemed like forever.

--------------------♥--------------------

I threw my keys on the counter and slammed the door. “Okay, time to cheer up and stop acting mopey,” Mia said perky and annoyed from the couch.

“Mia, this is really not a good time.” I sank into one of the chairs across from the couch.

“Of course it’s not. Your boyfriend slash best friend just hopped on a plane to fly out to the opposite coast to go back on tour with his band leaving you here all alone and pregnant. Of course it isn’t a good time, but you, my friend, have to get over that.” I sighed trying to ignore her. She was giving me a headache. “So,” she began again, “you’re going to go put your shoes back on and wipe the tears from your beautiful face and we’re going to go shopping.” I sighed as she pulled on my arm.

“Mia, I really don’t want to go anywhere. I just want to chill here right now.” She shook her head fervently.

“Nu-uh. You’re going to come with me. We are going to go shopping for baby clothes and stuff while there are still great after Thanksgiving sales.” I stubbornly refused and she sighed annoyed. “And I’ll let you get Starbucks that isn’t decaf if you swear not to tell Garrett. If he found out he’d probably kill me.”

“We went shopping yesterday and got a lot of stuff.”

“Oh, I know,” she interrupted. “Why do you think I’m here? John told me Garrett was leaving again and so I called Garrett. He told me to come pull you out of your post-him funk.”

“You spoke to John?” I asked trying to change the subject. “What’s going on there?” I asked with a smirk. She rolled her eyes and pushed her dark hair out of her face.

“It’s John. We ended things on good terms.” I laughed and gave her a look telling her I didn’t buy it. “Fine,” she conceded, “we might get back together.” I smiled, happy for her. “But that’s not why I’m here. So get up and get yourself together.” I sighed and gave in.

“Fine. You win this time.” I walked toward my room and turned back to ask her how she got in.

“Spare key,” she replied holding the key up before I could ask. “You guys might wanna find a new hiding spot,” she said boredom apparent in her voice. “Under the door mat is so obvious and so cliché.”

“Everything about us is cliché and that’s fine with me,” I said with a shrug.

“Not everything is so cliché,” she smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
FILLERRR!!!! and kind of crappy. If there are a bunch of "d"'s missing in the end and "L"'s in the beginning, I apologize. The keys were sticking. Sooo, Read, Comment, Subscribe pleaseeeee.
Love, Jaylee <3333