Status: Complete ]: Prequel?

Please Don't Forgive Me

Chapter Thirty-Nine: Mr. Winter

“Don’t even think about it,” he warned through the phone. “It can wait until I get home. Anika, don’t even start.” I smiled and sat down on the couch.

“What if I want to start decorating for Christmas? Garrett, you’ll be home the day before Christmas Eve. Are you really going to want to get it all done in two days?”

“I don’t want you doing it by yourself Ani. I don’t want you to get hurt.” I sighed and turned on the TV, quickly muting it.

“Fine. We can do the tree together, but I’ll do the rest. I’ll put out the knick-knacks and hang the garland.”

“Fine,” he sighed in agreement. “I can’t wait to be back there. I get you and warm weather. It’s like the lottery ten times over.” I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Really? I’ve always wanted a white Christmas. When I lived in Washington as a kid it actually happened once in a while. It’s so boring here. I don’t have the holiday spirit anymore.” He laughed loudly in response.

“I hate the snow. And the cold is getting really old.” I smiled and laughed with him. I couldn’t wait for him to come home.

“We’ll you’ll be back in sweltering Arizona in less than a week. And trust me—it is not at all cold here.”

“I can’t wait until I get there.” I turned on ABC Family’s twenty-five days of Christmas to watch whatever was on. “I miss you so much.”

“I miss you too,” I sighed. “You might be in for a shock when you see me though. I’ve gotten pretty huge,” I laughed. “Well, not that huge considering what I’ll look like at nine months.”

“I’m sure you look beautiful regardless.” I blushed and let out a giggle. “I have to go. We’re almost on. I love you. See you soon.”

“Love you too. I’ll see you in four days,” I smiled. In four days I would be back in his arms.

--------------------♥--------------------

I effectively distracted myself for four days so that they would fly by. It was now seven fifty-four a.m. on December twenty-third. His flight was due in by eight fifteen and I was getting antsy. “If he asks, its decaf,” Mia laughed walking to my side and handing me a Starbucks cup. “I figured you could use the caffeine. It’s pretty early.”

“Thanks,” I smiled. “It is much needed.” She nodded and threw herself down on the bench next to the window—I was still standing. “Are you excited to see John?” she nodded, a bright smile breaking on her soft features.

“Are you excited to see Garrett?” she asked quickly.

“Ecstatic. I miss him so much.” She nodded and took a sip of her coffee.

The plane landed and passengers flooded the airport. Garrett looked around for me and when he finally found me his eyes lit up and I felt more special than I ever had. He tapped John on the shoulder and pointed to where Mia and I were standing, smiles plastered on our faces. John ran over picking Mia up and spinning her around. Garrett however moved slower, his smile becoming wider with every step. When he finally reached me, he whispered ‘come here,’ and wrapped me in his arms.

His hands were strong and warm and comforting. I could feel the smile on his face even though I couldn’t see it. “I missed you,” I smiled taking a step out of the embrace.

“I missed you too,” he smiled as he stepped closer to kiss me on the lips. As he did, my grin widened. “What?” he asked with a slight laugh.

“They kicked.” He smiled widely and placed his hands on my stomach.

“I told you it’d all work out.” He kissed me again and moved one hand up to cup my cheek. Right now I was in heaven. Right now, I could so totally die and be happy. Right now everything was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 39 ;]. He's back. She's happy. Every thing is peachy :]. I'm happy. Are you guys happy? Does anyone else live on the East Coast and feel another snow day coming on? Yes? Doesn't it make the snow seem amazing! It usually sucks, but I get to miss school and not have it count against me. It's incredible. I so totally want to leave my house though. I'm getting a bit stir crazy. ANYWAY :). Please read, comment and subscribe. Pretty, pretty please with sugar and a cherry--or strawberry or pineapple or any other fruit if you prefer--on top. :D. I have eight stars, can we push it the final two? Maybe? Maybe if I write a few more really long eventful chapters? I think I already update enough...at least I hope I do :o.
Lots and Lots of Love, Jaylee <3333

PS this is so totally because I'm wide awake from the wonderful 12 hours of sleep I got last night. I fell asleep at like 9 and woke up around either midnight or one am and updated and then went back to sleep. It was amazing.