Status: Complete ]: Prequel?

Please Don't Forgive Me

Chapter Forty-Three: So Cruel

“What do you mean you aren’t doing the next tour? Are you guys crazy?” I yelled. I wasn’t angry, just in shock.

“We aren’t doing the next tour. Ani, I’d much rather be here with you. Besides it isn’t really a long tour and we could all use a break. There are a million things that need to be done around here and not enough time.” He stopped talking and looked up with a smile. “Come on, and it isn’t like John really minds because now he has more time here to hook up with Mia. And it seemed like something was going on with Kenny and Hannah the other night. And Pat and Jared are both seeing people; I actually heard he went out with Allison. None of us really want to leave right now. We’ll do some local shows and some in states close by, but we’re not too keen on the idea of leaving.”

“So this isn’t you being overprotective and begging to stay home with me?” I laughed.

“No,” he responded with a chuckle. “Though being with you is a huge benefit.” I rolled my eyes and sat down on a stool at the counter. I picked up an apple from the fruit bowl and took a bite out of it. He stood in front of me, on the other side of the counter. He took my hand in both of his and smiled up at me. “So, do you want to know?” he asked hopefully. I sighed and nodded my head. “Really?”

“Really,” I said flatly. “Now tell me before I change my mind.”

“We’re having…” he was cut off by the door swinging open. “I thought it was locked,” he muttered.

“It was,” I answered with a small laugh. “Hi Mia,” I called.

“Hey guys,” she chirped walking into the kitchen. “Oh, whoops, did I interrupt something?” I laughed and Garrett put his head down on the counter.

“No,” I answered at the same time he said ‘yes.’ I shoved him playfully. “It can wait, Garrett. I don’t need to know. My life doesn’t depend on it.”

“But my sanity does,” he sighed. I made a face that implied that I was sorry, and I squeezed his hand.

“What’s going on?” she asked picking an orange out of the fruit bowl.

“Garrett here has been dying to tell me the sexes of the babies. I don’t really want to know though.”

“How could you not wanna know?” she asked loudly. “I’m finding out the minute I can.” Garrett’s head snapped toward her and I opened my eyes widely.

“That’s the reason you and John got back together?” he asked in shock.

“Oh, did I never mention that?” she asked brightly.

“No, hun, I don’t believe you ever said it.”

“Oh, well, yeah.” I rolled my eyes and looked toward Garrett. “Alright,” she began, “I’m going to go. I’ll talk to you later. Bye guys.” She started to walk away, stopping to pet Machiavelli as he walked past.

“She’s like a maniacal little pixie,” he said when she was gone.

“Come on. She isn’t that bad. She’s actually pretty funny. And she’s perfect for John. And now our kids will have friends.” I laughed realizing how horrible that sounded. Garrett laughed too.

“Oh, she is perfect for John. She’s also perfect for giving me headaches,” he joked.

“You told her where the spare key was,” I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahahaha. I so didn't plan on writing that, but it was fun. :]. So comments and subscriptions please. I have nine stars. One more please?
<333333 Love, Jaylee <3333