Status: Complete ]: Prequel?

Please Don't Forgive Me

Chapter Fifty-Six: Second Chance

“Anika, please, listen to me. I know what I did was wrong, but please,” he sighed. I shook my head and struggled to pull the ring off of my finger. “No, Ani, please? Please just don’t give up this easily.” I shook my head and handed him the ring.

“You’re the one who gave up!” I yelled through the tears. “You’re the one who went out and hooked up with some fangirl whore because you were annoyed! All the bullshit Garrett, and I’ve always been faithful.”

“She kissed me,” he interrupted, “and the second I knew what was going on it was over. You have to believe me—it was over before it started.” I shook my head and struggled to inhale through the tears. “Please, Anika calm down. This isn’t good for you; this isn’t good for the baby.”

“Why should I believe you? And there wouldn’t be a problem if you’d just handled everything like a husband and no some scared teenage band boy.”

“Anika calm down. Please? If not for me then for Morgan and Emma and Addison and the baby, please.” I was shaking from crying so hard and I felt like throwing up. I couldn’t do this. “Please, Anika, I swear it was just a kiss.” I sat down on a tree stump and shook my head.

“How do I know that you’re telling the truth? How do I believe you?” I tried to wipe away my tears but they were coming to fast to be absorbed by my sleeves.

“Because I wouldn’t lie to you—ever. No matter what I would always tell you the truth even if it was worse than a kiss. If I had slept with her I would have told you. But I didn’t. It was just one kiss. It meant nothing. She meant nothing to me.” I looked down and choked back another sob.

“Garrett, I--,” I couldn’t finish my sentence because I was so winded and exhausted.

“Just please,” he said walking up next to me and bending down, “just please forgive me. And please take the ring back. I love you more than life itself and I swear I will do my best to never hurt you again.” He slid the ring back onto my finger and wrapped his arms around me. My arms found their way to his neck and I cried onto his shoulder. “I’m sorry I hurt you.”

“It was just a kiss, right?” I choked.

“It was just a kiss.” He lifted me up off of the tree stump and carried me back to the bus.

“I love you Garrett,” I said sleepily in his arms.

“I love you too Anika. So, so much,” he replied leaning down and kissing the top of my head.

--------------------♥--------------------

“Here, take a nap,” he said laying me down in his bunk and covering me with the blanket.

“What about the kids?”

“I’ll watch them. Just relax. Take a nap and don’t worry about them. I’ve got it covered.”
I nodded and buried my head in his pillows.

“Good night,” I sighed.

“Good night sleepy head,” he laughed walking away.

--------------------♥--------------------

“No, silly, he’s the zombie. You go after him.” I laughed standing watching Garrett play
with the kids. “Go after Pat. Go after him, go.”

“Mommy,” Emma smiled.

“Mommy isn’t a zombie,” Garrett laughed. “She’s sleeping, but she isn’t a zombie.”

“No, She’s right here,” she smiled. I walked over and sat down at the table.

“Morning,” Garrett laughed. “You slept all day.”

“Yeah, I guess I needed it. How long was I out?” I yawned.

“About thirteen hours,” he laughed. “We already played our set and everything. You’ve been out like a light.”

“Oh,” I laughed. “I guess I really did need to catch up on some sleep.” He gave me a worried look and then fell backwards as Morgan jumped on him; killing the ‘zombie.’

“Morgan,” he sighed, “I’m not the zombie. Uncle Pat is. Now go get the zombie.” I laughed at him; he never changed.

“Garrett, really, I’m fine. I’m just worried alright?”

“And so am I. I’m worried about you. You don’t eat, you hardly sleep and you run on Dunkin’.”

“Starbucks actually,” I corrected. “But I’m okay. I promise. It’s just hard.” He nodded and stood up next to me. “What?” I asked as a smile spread across his features.

“Let’s go for a walk,” he smiled. “We’re in New York City.”

“What about the kids?”

“I think that John, Jared, Kenny and Pat can handle them,” he laughed. “Let’s go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so short, and boring and happy in the end. So, yeah. Read, Comment, Subscribe.
Love, Jaylee <3333