newborn vampire

Chapter 5

*** Stella's POV ***

I knew I was dreaming. I had to be dreaming because why would I be home? Well at least it looked like home. I couldn't be home though. The House of Night was my home now. I could never go back to the only place where people actually accepted and cared for me. But this place looked so real. Then a shirking scream came from my left. I turned quickly but saw nothing. Not even a leaf moved from the time I first looked at the dark and gloomy tree that stood in the distance.

The place that looked like home, but wasn't, was dark and the floor was wet. It looked as if it had just rained. But it didn't have that amazing smell of newly wet grass. It just smelt like..well I don't know what it smelt like. It wasn't good. I know that much. 

I started walking in the direction of the path that I knew all too well. Down the path is usually a little creek and there's always bunnies or cute little animals wondering around. But not this time. The little creek wasn't were it was supposed to be. It wasn't there at all. Instead there stood a full body length mirror. 

The reflection in the mirror wasn't me. But the girl looked to be around my age. She was dressed in old fashion clothing from the early 1900s. She stared at me with dark intense eyes. The girl in the mirror looked like she was trying to speak but couldn't. Her eyes started streaming with tears as I tried to will my body to move closer. When I finally built up the courage to touch the girls hand that was placed up against the mirror, it shattered. 

I woke up in cold sweat and tears running down my face. I looked around frantically but nothing seemed out of place. Trying to control my breathing, I laid back down and tried to attempt to recover for that horrendous nightmare.