Status: Actively Active. (:

Baby, You're So Gone.

The First Kiss Stole The Breath From My Lips.

Image

I walked out of that room with a smile tugging on the corners of my lips. I was filled with joy and my lips were still tingling from that momentary kiss. It hadn't lasted as much as I wanted it too, but I was alright.

More than alright.

Everybody-- Eric, Justin, and Andrew-- stopped talking when I walked into the makeshift kitchen in the middle of the tour bus. I raised my eyebrows at their wide eyed faces.

"You know, if you're going to talk about me, you should try to make it a tiny bit less obvious." I joked, opening the fridge to grab some eggs and milk. After shutting the fridge door, I opened the cabinets that were above it and looked for some pancake batter, salt, and some measuring cups.

"What are you doing?" Justin asked, looking at me strangely.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I retorted, putting down all the ingredients on the counter. "I'm making you losers breakfast."

"Burnnn." Nick said as he walked in, a playful lilt in his eyes.

I grinned at him before turning on the stove. I bent over to open the bottom cabinets to grab a pan and two bowls. I felt oddly self-conscious in my short shorts and over sized t-shirt that I had slipped on last night. I didn't remember whose it was, or why I had put it on, but I knew from the peppermint scent that it was probably Nick's.

Realizing I forgot the bacon and the vegetable oil, I opened the fridge, grabbed the bacon, shut it with my foot and reached up on my tip toes to look into the top cabinet and grab the bottle of oil. I placed the pan on the stove and dabbed some oil on it, then as I waited for it heat up, I started making the eggs and pancakes.

"She's good," Eric commented. "Really good."

"What did you do to her?" Andrew demanded to Nick. "She's in a good mood; it's really weird."

I snickered but shook my head. "I can hear you guys, you know."

"She's in a really good mood; she's not biting our heads off." Justin noticed. "Did you drug her?"

I was holding in my laughter, a bright smile on my face. They couldn't see it though, because my back was to them.

"Boys, I didn't do anything to her that she didn't ask for." Nick joked.

I turned around, holding a spoon covered in pancake batter. A smirk curled my lips. "Really, Nick?"

"Uh-oh." all of them echoed.

"I knew she was going to snap out of it." Eric muttered.

"Looks like she's worse. Dude, she has a weapon in her hands." Andrew looked at me with wide eyes.

I rolled my eyes. "You guys are so ridiculous."

"We're ridiculous? You're the one holding a wooden spoon as a weapon." Eric was trying hard not to smile though.

I took a few steps towards him, looking at only Eric, Andrew, and Justin. I pointed the spoon at them, "You're really scared of me, aren't you?" I asked, my tone smug.

"You won't be as smug after this." Nick said from behind me.

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned on my heel, "Whaa--?" but my question was cut off when the bowl of pancake batter fell on my head, showering me in sticky batter. It slowed slithered down my body, sticking to every little crevice.

I let the spoon drop on the floor and slowly took the bowl off of my head. I wiped my eyes and blinked through the thick batter, searching for Nick. A malicious smile twisted my lips, as I wiped the batter off of my face.

"Oh, Nick." I said slowly, taking steady steps towards the counter where the bowl of eggs were at, looking so inviting.

"Annabelle..." He said cautiously, eying me and the bowl I was inching towards.

"You better run, Santino." I growled as I lurched for the bowl and then after him.

Nick was as quick as lightning bolting for the front of the tour bus; our only exit. I followed him, practically tackling him and spilling the bowl of raw eggs on his face. A giggle bubbled out of my lips as he grimaced against the bitter taste.

"Oh, you shouldn't have done that." He was grinning at me, his eyes so bright and playful.

"Pay back's a bitch." I sang loudly.

"Oh, but revenge is sweet." Called Eric from behind me.

I didn't even have time to look up when the gallon of milk I had put on the counter was dropped on me. It was cold and uninvited, especially since it just made the pancake batter that was on me even stickier.

I got up from on top of Nick, turning on the boys with a glare that wasn't a strong as I'd like what with the smile on my face.

"Grab her." Andrew said, smirking.

"What?!" I shrieked. Suddenly I felt someones arms wrap around me; Nick, I supposed. Eric, Justin, and Andrew came forward, each one grabbing my either my legs or helping Nick out with my torso.

I struggled, my protests a stream of curses and laughter as they tickled me and carried me off the bus.

"Where...are...you...taking...me...?" I gasped out between boughs of laughter.

"We're gonna get you wet!" Nick cheered.

The boys let me down on the ground, but Nick's arms around my waist never disappeared. I looked up at him, his face covered in smelly, raw eggs. I giggled as he shook if off his hair, showering me with it.

I reached up and wiped the eggs from his eyes and then stood up on my tiptoes to press my lips against his for a brief second. As soon as our lips connected, a spark ran through me, making me wrap my arms around his neck.

"Start it!" Andrew shouted.

"Got it." Eric said, and no sooner than that, water pelted at my back.

I broke away from the kiss, giggling as the water tickled and pinched me from the force of it. I turned around, my hands going up to block the water from going into my eyes.

"Boys, stop it!" I shouted, laughing.

I spun around and hid behind Nick, but all he did was pick me up and place me in front of him. As I looked into his eyes, grinning, I didn't care about the water, or the sticky substance all over me.

I was just happy that he was here, with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had fun writing this chapter (: