Status: Actively Active. (:

Baby, You're So Gone.

I'm Not Moving.

I watched as Nick loaded the washers with clothes, some of them mine, even. I tugged at the flannel shirt I had on, basking in the peppermint cent that engulfed me. I loved wearing Nicki's shirts; it made me feel homey and his scent always hypnotized me.

Nick slammed the washer shut and put the coins into the designated slot. He pressed the start button and soon, the machine was rumbling beneath me. I looked at Nick and he met my eyes, a smile turning the corners of his lips up.

"So what are we supposed to do in the mean time?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

Nick winked at me, "We'll find something to do."

I blushed lightly and chuckled. I bit my lip and met his brown eyes again, finding myself lost in them. Nick hopped up on top of the washer with me, making me scoot over a bit. Our knees were brushing, our arms in full contact and our feet bumping against the others'.

I brushed my fingers lightly across his open palm, tracing the lines on them. He smiled at me from the corner of my eye. I ran my fingers down his wrist and up to his elbow, studying the veins I saw so clearly.

"So, why were you walking around last night?" Nick asked.

I didn't meet his eyes. "I was just walking..." I let my voice trail off.

He snorted. "Bullshit." Nick shook his head. "Now tell me why you were really there." His voice was softer now.

Now was the big decision I had to make. Tell him the truth and put all my trust in him? Or should I keep the truth inside of me, never letting him see just how messed up I am inside? Now it was just the question of how much I could trust him.

"I..." I kept tracing his veins, the lines on the palm of his hand. Anything that would keep me from looking at him.

I was going to take a chance.

"I was kicked out of my house." I took a deep breath. Did he have any idea how hard that was? "My Mom got sick of me and told me to get out."

"Oh, Annabelle." Nick sighed.

I shook my head. "Don't. Save it." I muttered. I didn't want his sorry, his sympathy or his pity.

He put two of his fingers under my chin and tilted my face until I had no choice but to look him in the eye. I swallowed, wondering what would come next. Did he hear my heart thumping inside of my chest? Did he realize how it was getting harder and harder to breathe with him looking at me that way?

He was looking at me like he cared; like I was the one thing on this planet that mattered. Did I feel the same way? I didn't know. But I didn't want to worry about that now - at least I felt something for him, and that was better than nothing.

Instead, Nick said the thing that surprised me most. "You can stay with me and the boys for as long as you'd like."

I smiled when he said this, the muscles in my face working without my consent. "Thank you."

His hand found mine and our fingers interlocked, electricity running up and down my arm from his touch. Nick reached up his free hand to brush my bangs away from my face, his fingers lingering on my cheek.

His fingers went down to my jawline, then to my lips, which he traced with his thumb. Without hesitating, I let go of his hand and grabbed his neck, pulling him down until his face was level with mine.

Whether he knew it or not, I had no intention of leaving his side.
♠ ♠ ♠
I took long, I apologize.
I'll get the next chapter out, Sunday of next week, around this same time. Kay? (: