Status: Actively Active. (:

Baby, You're So Gone.

Break Out.

“Ow, you kicked me.” Nick grumbled.

I looked down at him and glared. “Shhh!” I reminded him, then looked up and grabbed on to the railing for dear life.

Nick and I were trying to break into my old house so I could get my clothes, my car keys, my toiletries. I kind of needed all those things to live and I figured the only way to get all those items were to break in.

I mustered all the strength I could and pulled myself up – with the help of Nick’s boosting, of course – and opened the window I always kept unlocked in case of emergencies. I lifted one leg over the windowpane and crashed onto the floor of my room. I grunted with the pain and got up, running a hand through my auburn hair.

I looked around the room I once-called mine. It had lavender walls, a bed with dark blue covers across from the closet and a dresser next to the door. I walked to my closet and pulled out a gym bag, set it on the bed and raced to my dresser.

I stuffed clothes in the bag quickly, not even caring about how it was folded – I just needed everything to fit. I went to my closet and grabbed my converse, my heels, my flats, and my vans then put it in another bag just for my shoes. I quickly went to my bathroom and got my toothbrush, my blow dryer and iron; all the shit I use on a daily basis.

I turned on my heel and felt my feet fly out from under me, my head landing with a painful thump against the linoleum floor. My hand went to the back of my head and I moaned in pain; why the hell had I put a rug in my bathroom?

Groaning I got up from the floor, almost every part of my body aching. I heard feet flying up the stairs, probably coming up to see what the commotion was. I raced over to my bag and stuck the bathroom items in it, then zipped it closed. I grabbed the gym bag and threw it over my shoulder, just as the door burst open.

“Annie?!” Mom cried.

I looked at her for a brief second, and then saw her boyfriend racing towards me. “You little brat, I thought we told you to stay out?”

I squealed and scrambled over the bed and to the window, narrowly avoiding his meaty hands around my ankles. I hitched one foot over the window pane then the next, hanging on to the window pane, my hands threatening to slip.

“Annabelle, jump!” Nick shouted from below me.

I looked at Nick and then at the space between me and the floor. Even though I would never admit this to anyone, I was terrified of heights. I wasn’t sure I could jump and make the distance; what if I hurt myself?

My Mom’s boyfriend stuck his head out the window, looking at me with wide and greedy eyes. Fear pumped through me, chilling me to the bone. What on Earth was he thinking of doing to me? Without another thought in my mind, I gritted my teeth and let go of the windowpane, jumping straight down.

My feet hit the ground and my knees buckled, throwing me backward into Nick. His arms wrapped around my waist as we both landed on the grass, groaning and moaning. I got up quickly, ignoring the aches in my body and tugged on his hand, running for the car Eric had running.

“C’mon, let’s go.” I urged Nick, running into the backseat of the car. He got in the passenger seat and closed the door.

“Eric, step on it.” He ordered and he did just that.

Break out! Break out!
As we escape through the windows,
Head for the car, and never look back, singing-singing,
“Break out! Break out!
Our time has come and we’ve got these big city dreams.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, finally, eh?
Haha. Comment, please ! <3