Status: Actively Active. (:

Baby, You're So Gone.

Where Do You Go When You Listen To Nobody Else But Yourself?

I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair and pressed my forehead against the cool table. I was at the Diner again, tired as hell from working all day. Okay, I didn't really do anything, but I was exhausted for some reason.

I closed my eyes tight and tried to force all thoughts out of my head. I wanted an escape, but nothign could capture my thoughts--not books and definitely not music. Sometimes, no, most of the time, I hated living in a small town where you could do nothing.

I heard the bells chime, signalling that someone entered the diner. I didn't pay any attention to it, because I was to absorbed in shaking off this sudden exhaustion. I was sitting in one of the booths to the right, near the corner where I hoped no one would bother me. Paula had gotten the hint and left me alone, only murmuring a hello to me.

"You look beat." I heard someone say.

I mumbled something, only because I knew it would be rude to ignore them. I heard the song of glass clinking against a surface and looked up, pressing my cheek against the table. I blew my bangs outof my eyes and eyed the cup of some sort of drink placed in front of me.

"How do I know it's not poisoned?" I muttered, licking my dry lips.

"Trust me, it's not poisoned." he chuckled and I looked beyond the cup to the person who had settled in the seat across from me.

"Why have you graced me with your presence today, Nick?" I asked, sitting up and taking the hot cup of coffee in my hands. It burned my fingers through and through, but it felt so good--especially when it was chilly outside.

"Wow, big words. I never knew you had it in you." Nick grinned, taking off the black sunglasses on his face and placing them ontop of his perfectly orange hair.

"There's a lot you don't know about me." I said, but not in the flirting manner most would say. I was simply stating a fact.

"I know," he didn't seem fazed at all. "How are you holding up?"

I raised my eyebrows. "What do you mean by that?"

"You look like shit, Annabelle." he stated.

"Why thanks," I muttered. "Because that's something I just love to hear." I whispered under my breath.

"I heard that, you know." Nick warned.

"Good." I snapped.

"Damn, okay, what's up with you?" he looked genuinely worried now; his bright eyes twinkling in concern. It made something in me churn just thinking that Nick was worried about me.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked out the window, watching as the clouds moved in the evening sky. It was an orange-blueish color that took my breath away. I sighed as I took another sip of my coffee, avoiding to look back at Nick. I didn't feel like saying what was bothering me so much; not when I had just met him.

"Annie," his voice was softer now and that made me turn to look at him. I looked into his deep eyes and sighed.

"Bye Nick." I said quickly, getting up from my seat and placing the coffee down on the table. I reached my hand into my front jeans' pocket and grabbed a five dollar bill and placed it on the table. "Thanks for coffee." I muttered before bolting out of the diner.

It felt like the vastness of the universe was suddenly pressing down on me, making it harder and harder to breathe. Tears burned at my eyes and I almost ran to my car. I had to go somewhere just to calm down, to make me feel like I'm not in the least as insignificant as I know I am.
♠ ♠ ♠
Commentt? Tell me who you are; if you're subscribing!
Talk to me, I'm a talkative person! (: