Status: Actively Active. (:

Baby, You're So Gone.

She Never Knows When It's Raining.

"Get him out of my house." I demanded, standing up for myself.

This was starting to get out of hand, and I can't believe I've let it go on for this long.

Mom stared at me with foreign eyes. She glared, "No. This is my house, I say who stays and who goes." She muttered like a little kid.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. I had to do something, because this surely couldn't be healthy. Mom had a different boyfriend every week, never settling on one person ever since her divorce. My dad left her to fend for herself, and she's never been the same since.

"Do you really want to keep living like this?" I asked her, resorting to making her feel guilty. "You throw away your cares and think about only yourself. You don't pay attention to your daughter, or the way you live, or the house you live in!"

"You've never complained before." She shot back pathetically.

"That's because you've never been around long enough! Every night you go out and sometimes, you don't come back for weeks!" I exclaimed, my voice raising higher and higher.

"I'm just trying to live the life I couldn't when I was your age." My Mom's lower lip quivered and her eyes filled with unshed tears.

I rolled my eyes. I knew her long enough to know that she was trying to be manipulative; play the victim. Well, she can't this time. I wouldn't accept it. "Oh, grow fucking up." I snapped. "You know that any chance of you "reliving your high school years" was out the door the day I was born."

Her brown eyes flickered with anger. "Get out."

I raised my eyebrows. Mom had never kicked me out before. Sure, she had 'ordered' me up to my room and maybe even grabbed me a little too tight, leaving bruises but she has never thought of kicking me out.

"Annabelle Munoez, get out of my house." Mom commanded.

My eyes must have been filled with disbelief, because my Mom's boyfriend for the week smirked.

"Wipe that stupid smirk off of your face, jackass." I commanded shakily. I was going out, but not without rebelling.

"Just remember, Mom," I spat, looking her dead in the eye, "Who pays the bill, who keeps food in the fridge and who keeps a roof over your head." I turned on my heel and walked out, slamming the door behind me.

The cold air was like a slap in the face, clearing my thoughts and my senses. I had no idea where to go, because oddly, I didn't want to go to Diner. It felt like all I would get was a lecture from Paula, telling me to give my Mom a chance. She simply didn't understand that I was past giving her chances--she had blown so many of them that I wasn't going to let my guard down everytime she came close with a smile on her face.

I let my feet guide me to wherever I had to go. I stuffed my hands into my skinny jeans' pocket, letting my auburn hair fall into my eyes. I was wearing a tight green v-neck since today had been a particulary warm day compared to the fifties and sixties we had had this week. My skinny jeans were super tight, considering they had just come out of the washing machine. I was sporting some sandals, nothing to fancy.

The slightly chilly wind slammed into me, blowing my loose hair back. I looked up at the night sky, wondering why I couldn't see any stars blinking down at me, making me feel inferior. I looked around me and realized I had walked to main street.

Up ahead, I spotted the dim lights of shops getting ready to close down, seeing as it was almost ten o'clock at night. When it hit nine, the town looked dead.

"Annie?" I heard a shockingly familiar voice.

I turned around and my eyes caught sight of a tired eyed Nick. I smiled at him softly, feeling a soft tingle on my left cheek, where his lips had touched.

"Nick, what are you doing here?" I asked.

He looked to the spot next to him, where his bands' tour bus stood, in all its glory. My eyes widened at the sight.

"Right. I didn't see that." I mumbled.

"What are you doing here?" Nick asked me.

I shrugged. "Walking."

"Want to come in, the boys are playing a poker game?" he smirked at me.

I let slip a smile. "I do kick ass in a poker game..."

Suddenly, I felt a drop of water fall on my face, making me shiver. As soon as the drop had come, more had fallen down around me. It was raining.

I looked up at the sky, beaming as I felt the rain hit me constantly; soaking me through and through. I loved the rain; the way it felt on your skin, the way it made the world seem blurry and beautiful.

I let loose a giggle as I spun around in the rain, stretching my arms wide, palms up. I felt like a kid again, enjoying the summer rain because I knew school would come soon. I looked at Nick, who was laughing at my joy.

I caught his eye and smiled at him, knowing deep inside of me, that I always felt instantly better when he was around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did I take long?
Sorry if I did.
COMMENT! (: