‹ Prequel: Backstage

Center Stage (Into the Future)

A Groggy Goodbye

“Doc…I can’t start dating other people. I’m 40 years old!” Billie said, annoyed and confused. The doctor shrugged.
“Mr. Armstrong, it is just one week. After that one week, my plan will, hopefully work,” he said.
“And your plan is?” Billie asked. The doctor smiled.
“For me to know, Mr. Armstrong.”

Nikky’s house

Nikky had fallen asleep on Tre’s shoulder. He didn’t mind. He sat there watching Scary Movie 3 alone. He absent mindedly rubbed her back while she slept. Tre felt her stir in her sleep so he stopped. He looked around for a clock. When he found one it read 11:57. It was kind of late, considering that Nikky had gotten up at six in the morning that day. Tre sighed and decided he should wake her up. He gently shook her.
“Nikky? Nikky, wake up,” he said quietly. Her eyes opened slowly.
“What? Oh…hi Tre,” she said sleepily. “What time is it?” she asked as she rubbed her eyes.
“It’s almost midnight. I didn’t want you to fall asleep out here,” he said with a smile. Nikky nodded, still half asleep. She sat up and walked with Tre over to the door. She gave him a hug.
“Night Nikky,” he said.
“Goodnight, Tre. I love you,” she mumbled still half asleep. Tre let go of her, slightly stunned. Nikky began to walk away and then stopped, waking up completely as she realized what she had said in her stupor. She turned around slowly.
“Umm…Night,” Tre said as he began to walk out the door.
“N-Night,” Nikky said. She couldn’t help but be disappointed that he hadn’t said it back. But I mean…
Love you too,” he said as he closed the door. Nikky stood in the middle of the room, a smile lit on her face.

The Next Day

“HE LOOOOOOVES MEEE!” Nikky sang as she walked around Sami’s house. Sami and Katie laughed. Katie had come over to Sami’s house to get a carpool for work. They were going over sales today…no not for another band, but for themselves. For Whiplash.
They had started their band again.
“He actually said he did?” Sami said still laughing. Nikky nodded and sat down on the couch next to them with a huge smiled on her face.
“I LOVE HIM!” she yelled.
“Yes, Nikky. We get it. You’ve yelled that many times in the last three minutes,” Sami said as she laughed. The phone rang and Sami got up to answer it.
“Hello?” she said into the receiver.
“S-SAMI!” the person yelled on the other line. He seemed out of breath.
“Curtis? What’s wrong?” Sami asked. They weren’t dating anymore, but he still worked at the studio where Whiplash would record.
“N-NOTHING’S WRONG! GOOD THING! COME HERE NOW!” and he hung up. Sami stared blankly at the phone.
“Ok, well…something’s going on at the studio. Curtis sounded excited so let’s get down there,” she said as she hung it up. Nikky jumped up.
“Excited? Like a good thing?” she said as she bounced on her heels. Sami laughed at her and nodded.
“He said it was a good thing. Let’s go before he pees his pants in excitement.” Katie got up and the three of them headed towards the door.

At the Studio

As soon as the three girls walked inside, Whiplash knew that something good was in their future. Every one was smiling and laughing, which was a big difference considering they were usually stressed out and annoyed with the problems they usually had to face.

Whiplash was the biggest band on the label. They had a metal band called Exorcist but all of their music sounded like nails on a chalk board. Another punk band under their label was called Mystery Meat. But there weren’t any other bands there today; it was just Whiplash and the T-Bright crew.
“So…” Sami asked as they stood in the door way. Curtis stood up.
“You guys just broke double platinum for your CD,” he said with a smile. Sami, Katie and Nikky stood there stunned.
“And if you remember our wager…” he continued, with a laugh. The girls stood there still stunned. Sami finally spoke.
“S-so…that means that w-we’re…” Katie and Nikky cut her off.

“WE’RE GOING ON TOUR!”