Status: Finished

Tales of the Sunset Strip

Epilogue

Chelsea's PoV

“Ok, if I were you’d be sick right now,” I mutter as I stare at the audience.

“That’s why I’m the drummer babe, I don’t need the mass attention, I leave that to Axl and Slash”, Steven grins, standing behind me.

I’m currently on tour with the guys and so are John and Marilyn. I work here as a roadie and I definitely love it. I always loved my job at the Whiskey but after 8 years I was ready for a career switch. The last two bands that were playing in the Whiskey thanks to me were Guns n’ Roses and the new Seattle band, Nirvana.

Let’s just say my boss wasn’t happy with the last one because they sounded different and according to him, they’ll never make it big because of it and I was losing my touch. He didn’t say out loud that I was too old but I knew that he obviously meant that with his ‘losing touch’ comment. He is in his 40ties but I’m apparently too old. Asshole.

After that my desire to stay wasn’t big, I never liked him but I ignored him out of love for my job but I just had enough of it. The funny thing is, both Nirvana and Guns n’ roses are big now, so when I return he’ll probably offer me my old job with a pay-raise.

“Are you thinking about your ex-boss again?”

I turn around and smile at Slash.

“How did you know?"

"You always have a pissed off look when you think of him. Seriously, you left four months ago, I can perfectly recognize that look after such a long time.”

I shrug and playfully glare at him. “It’s showtime baby, go melt some faces,” I say before kissing him and wishing the others good luck as well.

“You know, I never thought we’d ever stand backstage after Stephen died,” John says standing next to me.

“Yeah I know. And even though we never made our big dream of making it big, I quite like where we are now."

"Yeah, it’s a shame he never met the guys, though. He would have loved Gn’R and god knows he’d be drinking buddies with my dear boyfriend."

"Don’t you have the idea he’s watching over us now? I’m not religious all of a sudden but somehow I don’t have the idea he’s really gone.”

I give John a small smile. “Me neither dude but he’d be fucking proud. he’ll always be my first true love even though I’ve got the feeling Slash is my second one."

"Jesus Christ woman, you’ve got it bad!"

"Hey, the guy may be far from perfect but he does treat me right. I’ve dated enough assholes."

"Too true but the tour is almost over, what are you going to do next? I don’t know dude but I’m sure I’ll end up at the Sunset strip again. I guess it’ll always be my home.”

THE END