Status: Finished

Tales of the Sunset Strip

Nice boys

Surprisingly enough I manage to convince my boss and find time to tell Marilyn and John about the party Tommy, Mick, Vince and Nikki are throwing. When we show up, we’re greeted by a wasted Tommy and an equally drunk red-head.

“Michelle, remember about that Slash dude Nikki was talking about? Well, this dude here is in his band!” Tommy slurs.

‘Hi, I’m Axl,” the guy with the red hair introduces himself as I shake his hand. ”Come on guys, let’s party! I’ll introduce the other band members of my band later. That includes ‘that Slash dude.” Axl manages to imitate Tommy perfectly and I grin as we walk inside.

While Marilyn and John grab their first beer of the evening, I’m talking casually with Axl. I’m glad nobody has told him I’m the entertainment manager of the Whiskey. I would have noticed it immediately if he would have known.

He would have been nervous and would have tried to make a good impression, instead of just being himself. No matter how good he would have hidden it, I have such an amount of experience I would have noticed it anyway.

We walk towards a group of four guys. Two of them have blonde hair, one of them has short dark hair, wears a hat and smokes and the last one, who catches my attention, wears a top hat and has such a big afro you can barely see his face.

“Hey fuckers!” Axl screams. “I want you guys to meet someone.” Meet Duff, our bassist, Izzy, the guitarist, Slash here is the other guitarist and Steven is the drummer.”

I find myself talking to them the entire night, occasionally joined by John, Nikki and Tommy. Suddenly somebody pats me on my back. It’s Marilyn, who complains about Vince stalking her.

“I’ll protect you!” Duff yells. Marilyn grins as I introduce them.

Slash offers me a drink and I walk with him to the bar.

‘Well, tell me about your life,” I say, trying to get to know him a little better.

“Er..I was born in England but I moved to the States when I was three. My mom’s a fashion designer so I met all sorts of interesting people. I started playing guitar at fifteen. There’s not much to tell, actually. I’m not that interesting,” he replied shyly.

“On the contrary dude,” I grin.

“Oh really, thanks. Now tell me all about yours babe.”

I wake up with a huge hang-over and I look around. I’m laying on the couch with Slashes arm on the small of my back, his top hat tipped over to one side. Nikki is sleeping in his seat, snoring loudly. Duff is laying on the floor with Marilyn and Steven besides him.

Vince is laying on the floor as well with his arm around one or other brunette. Tommy managed to pass out underneath the dinner table. I haven’t got a clue where Axl, Izzy, Mick and John are. I check Slashes watch. Nine o’clock in the morning.

“Crap,” I mutter and I go back to sleep.