Status: Finished

Tales of the Sunset Strip

Yesterdays

(Michelle's PoV)

I nervously walk back home, hoping against better knowledge in that the guys would be out partying. I lose that hope as soon as I enter the living room to see 5 (Duff, Izzy, Axl, Steven and Sebastian) angry friends and one hurt boyfriend.

“Look who’ve we got there, it’s miss entertain manager. Fucking hell babe, why did you lie about that?!” Izzy says, no doubt voicing the oppinion that he and our friends share.

I sigh. “I’m sorry guys, I didn’t mean to but…"

"Save your apologies for later,” Axl interrupts me.

I quickly glance at Slash, who doesn’t even look at me, before I sit down to tell my story.

“It all started when John, Marilyn, my then-boyfriend Stephen and I went to Los Angeles, hoping to be a successful band. After a month or so, Marilyn, John and I noticed a change in Stephen’s behaviour and it wasn’t a good one. After him and I broke up, the three of us found out he was addicted to heroin. When we came to his place to convince him he had to go to rehab, we found him dead on the floor, the needle still stuck in his arm."

"After his death, we decided to quit the band, knowing that it never would have been the same if we had continued. After we all found a new job, mine being the assistant manager, we finally thought things were going ok, even though we all lost our best friend. We also made some new friends, such as the members of Motley Crue, the first band that I had discovered. And that’s when the trouble started."

"As the time flew by, I befriended more and more musicians and of course I was nice enough to let them play at my beloved venue. Not only because they had a huge amount of talent but also because they were my friends. Soon the entire Sunset Strip knew, that if you wanted to be on top of my list of bands I had to judge before I allowed them to play, all you had to do is become my friend."

"On one of those days I met a guy. As you might have guessed, I fell in love with him, befriended his friends and of course I also gave them the gig. That night they got signed and a little later, they also had their breakthrough. But while everything was going great for them career wise, my love life was going downhill from that moment. "

"Yes, I could understand he was busy but he never even called even though he did have time to do that. When I had to read in a magazine he was gone on tour but hadn’t even told me, or said goodbye to me for that matter, I realized he had never cared. I discovered later that he already had a long-time girlfriend when we met and only pretended to like me to make sure I’d give him the gig. After him, it happened three more times."

"Since them I decided to keep my mouth shut about my job every time I met someone new. I know you guys aren’t like that but can you really blame me? All I wanted was someone to like me for who I am, not because I could be their ticket to fame."

“Wow, this happened three times? That sucks.”

“I know Steven. That’s why I didn’t tell you guys. I felt bad for lying to you about this but know that I did it for a reason. And John and the guys from Motley, are tired of kicking my ex-boyfriends asses as well."

"We understand,” Duff says. “I know I can’t talk for the others but I’m not mad at you."

"Me neither,” Izzy, Sebastian and Steven agree with him, while Slash simply gives a nod.

I hate it that he hasn’t said a word to me since the whole story came out but since I lied the most to him, I guess I could have expected it. I turn to Axl, anxiously waiting for his response. I know how his temper can be, so seeing him so calm is quite a surprise. He shrugged when he noticed the look on my face.

“You had a reason, I don’t know if I would have done the same but I’m not mad at you either. At least, not a mad as I could be when a friend lies about something stupid like this to me.”