Status: Finished

Carpe Noctum, Seize the Night

With a little help from my friends

Unbeknownst to me, I was watched while getting the news that shook my world. Watched by five vampires, to be exact. Also unbeknownst to me as well, Lestat, Louis, Jesse, Merrick and David had always kept an eye on me, to make sure I was save.

They understood why I ran to the Talamasca quarters that day, seeking refuge. They understood why I didn’t want to make the choice between being undead and with my friends or alive but without them. They understood I simply wasn’t ready yet.

And even though Lestat moved on and had various ‘relationships’ with both men and women, he never had forgotten me. I had sensed their supernatural presence once, at the funeral of my son and husband. Fortunately they also understood that back then, I just wanted to be left alone.

But now, the times had changed.

Lestat’s PoV

I look sadly at my friends.

“What are we going to do? It killed me, figurally speaking of course, to leave her alone after she had lost her family but even then I respected and understood her wish to be left alone but now?”

Jesse nods. “She needs someone now. Someone who always will care for her.”

Louis sighs. “Sometimes I wonder if we made the right decision.”

“What do you mean? We did what she wanted us to do right? She knew that neither of us wouldn’t be able to resist the urge to turn her into a fledgling sooner or later and I’m not going turn the woman who’s like a sister to me into a vampire against her wish.”

“But she’s all alone Merrick! All the humans she cared for are dead! If it wasn’t for us being inmortal, she would be alone.”

“What could we have done Louis? Use the dark trick on her? You know, if it was any other human I honestly wouldn’t have minded but her? No, just no. Besides, when she met John we thought she was going to be happy, didn’t we? Happy without us.”

I shake my head. “I don’t think she would ever be happy without us because I know she’ll always miss us as much as we miss her.”

Maggy’s PoV

I look sadly at the pictures I have of the people who mean the most to me. My family, dead. My parents and grandparents, dead. My true friends and the man, or should I say vampire I secretly never stopped caring for….

Well, they can’t die but I haven’t seen them in almost twenty years now and writing letters will never be the same compared to being with them in person. My thoughts are disturbed by someone tapping on my window. I look and my mouth drops. Lestat gives me a small smile as he’s flying in front of my window. On the fourth floor, I might add.

“You didn’t think we’re going to leave you alone in times like this now, didn’t you?”