Status: Finished

Carpe Noctum, Seize the Night

Choices

Maggy’s PoV
Before I know it, I’m reunited with my old-undead friends. After I’ve hugged everyone, we decide to sit on the roof. Merrick hands me a small bottle of wine as a gift. I wonder if she’s giving it to for celebration because I’m seeing my best friends again or because I could use the alcohol after hearing I’ve got breast cancer.

“So what are you going to do now?” Louis softly asks the question I’ve been asking myself ever since the doctor delivered the painfull news.

I don’t want cancer. I don’t want to die. I don’t want chemo. I don’t want to tell my parents, the only not-undead people I care about, that their only daughter might die before they do.

I’ve never been religious, do not believe in heaven or hell or that I’ll be reunited with my dead husband Jon and our child Aaron.

If I would become a vampire, I wouldn’t have cancer anymore and all the pain that comes with it. Plus, all the people I love are vampires.

I can even continue to work! I’ve worked as a nurse for years and since almost no one is happy when they have to work nightshifts, I’m sure my boss will be thrilled when I offer to do all the nightshifts.

Besides, thanks to my job, I have easy access to the blood bank. If I drink that blood, I won’t be hungry when I have to watch over my patients.

On top of that, my friends know how to disguise the fact that they’re vampires so I’m sure they could give me advice so the people at work won't notice my teeth and pale skin. No one, except for Louis, lestat, David, Merrick and Jesse, would have to know.

I look at Louis.

“Guys, I want to become a vampire.”

They all stare at me.

“Are you sure?” David asks carefully.

“I wouldn’t have said it if I wasn’t. Give me a few days to take care of things and then I’ll be ready.”