Status: Finished

Carpe Noctum, Seize the Night

Epilogue: Creature of the night

Maggy's PoV

I take a look at my to do-list. I’ve told my boss about having the desire to do the nightshifts at work and he was very pleased.
I’ve told my parents about the change in sleeping pattern, so they know they only can invite me during the evening.
I’ll find a way to mask the fact that I won’t be eating or drinking anything they offer me.

“Are you ready?” David asks me.

I’ve decided to give David the task of turning me. I considered Lestat as well for the job but I knew that if I’d become his fledgling, we wouldn’t be able to have a relationship.
I’ve met both Marius and Pandora and it’s quite obvious how they still struggle with their feelings for each other. They can’t be together but they also can’t cannot be together and it’s breaking their hearts.
Therefore they both warned me against becoming Lestat’s fledgling and I’ve taken their advice. I want to learn from their mistake.

Instead, I let David have the honor. After all, the man was like a father to me in life and he will be a father to me in death. Or un-death, I should say.

I nod. It’s time.

An hour later I stand on the rooftop of my apartment building, enjoying the view of New Orleans by night. I remember Louis words about falling in love with the night after he had been turned. I already had fallen in love with it when I had been human but now I love it even more.

Had been human. As if it was ages ago instead of a mere hour.

Lestat suddenly stands next to me.

“You don’t regret you choice?”

I smile at him.

“I’ve had nothing left to lose in the human world. And I’ve missed you far too much.”

Lestat’s kiss tastes even better now that I’m one of the undead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, that's it folks. I hope you've enjoyed it :) I own nothing but Maggy. Everything else belongs to the wonderful imagination of Anne Rice.