Status: Finished

Carpe Noctum, Seize the Night

Private investigations

“I can’t believe you talked me into this,” Louis mutters darkly while he, Lestat, Merrick and I walk to the New Orleans Motherhouse of the Talamasca the following night, Jesse staying home to distract David, who, no doubt, won’t be very happy when he finds out about his friends breaking and entering the library of the organization he was once a member of.

“Because you’re doing Jesse, David, Merrick and Maggy a favor,” Lestat points out.

Louis raises an eyebrow. “I highly doubt David is going to be pleasantly surprised with us snooping around in the Motherhouse.”’

“He indeed isn’t going to be happy but he won’t be surprised we’re doing this. After all, he knows Aaron was like a father to us women,” Merrick says.
Louis wants to react but when he sees the look on Merrick’s face, he actually shuts up. Lestat and I look at each other, both trying to suppress a grin.

“Someone’s got a crush,” we manage to mumble at the same time. Our two friends glare at us.

“Ok, a: we heard that and b: stop thinking alike, it’s scary.”

“Sure guys, keep pretending,” I tease.

Just when Louis opens his mouth to reply, Merrick and I nudge Lestat and him, letting them know we’re nearing the Talamasca headquarters and have to be quiet.

A lot of frustrated comments and a few anxious moments later, we’re standing outside again. Once we’re out of earshot of any Talamascans who might be awake at this time of night, I let out a deep sigh of relieve. “Damn, that was close.”

“Come on, that librarian would be so excited to see a bunch of vampires, one particularly legendary I might add, he wouldn’t even think of alarming anyone else.”

“Well, Lestat the legendary, he’s probably still going to be angry when he finds out the file about you has been stolen,” Louis replies with a roll of his eyes.

After he hadn’t been able to track down any of the elders, Lestat had returned to us to help us with our research in the library. When he discovered the file about himself, he of course had to ‘borrow’ it to find out what the order had written about him.

Merrick and I just shake our heads before interrupting their eternal bickering.
“Come on, we’re nearly home and I’m sure Jesse wants to hear about our night.”

“Yes and it’s also time to face David’s wrath, who has probably found out about our little trip to the Motherhouse by now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be great.