Status: Finished

Killing Loneliness

The kiss of dawn

(Georgia’s PoV)

The next morning I wake up in Ville’s arms and smile as I remember last night. I know there’s no going back to a casual fling now and our relationship isn’t going to be any easier now, especially since we still have our busy jobs and live in different countries.

I’m willing to take a risk, though. It’s been a year since I first met Ville and despite all the odds against us, our bond has only grown stronger so it’s time for me to put my fear behind me.

That’s when I realize I have to go back to London tonight.
I look at Ville, who’s still asleep besides me. How can I possibly leave him today already after the night we’ve just shared?

I think back of the past few months of my life. Yes, I’ve always made sure to keep in touch with friends, family and loved ones and show up on birthday parties but other than that, life had equaled work for weeks now. I’ve spend more energy at work than normal and even worked full days when I had a cold a few weeks back. I realize now that the cold might have been my body’s way of saying I could use a break. And there’s no better way of spending a holiday than to spend it with the person you love….

Just when I decide that I’m going to ask Misha if she can cancel our flight this evening the moment I see her, Ville wakes up.

“Morning baby.”

“Morning kulta.”

“What’s ‘kulta’?

He smiles at me.

“Kulta means sweetheart in Finnish.”

“Maybe I should learn Finnish.”

Ville shrugs. “I’d be happy to teach you a few sentences.”

“Great. Slept well?”

He raises his eyebrows before smirking at me and I suddenly realize the double meaning of my question. What can I say? I’m not a morning person.

“I slept great. You?” he puts extra emphasis on the word ‘great’ and I roll my eyes playfully.

“Me too and I didn’t mean it like that. Besides, I’m sure we ‘slept’ so well the entire castle heard us.”

“Probably. I doubt I want to hear the comments our friends are going to make about it as soon as they see us.”

I groan while burying my head in his shoulder as I imagine the reaction of the idiots we call our friends as soon as we emerge from the bed room, the signs of a ‘busy’ night clearly visible.

“Do we really have to get up, get dressed and face them?”

“As tempting as it sounds to stay in bed with you all day, I wouldn’t put it past Bam to barge in the room any minute now.”

I raise an eyebrow. “Wait, weren’t you the only one who’s safe from the stunts of Bam and the crew because you’re his hero and he’s a bit obsessed and all?”

“Considering he’s told me to grow a pair for months now because it was beyond obvious I missed you, no, even I’m not safe from Bam’s stunts.”

“Lovely.”

I get up and Ville looks at me.

“Where are you going love?”

“I’m going to take a shower.”

“Oh ok.”

“You know, I never said you couldn’t join me.”

One second later my dear boyfriend pushes me into the bathroom.

When I walk downstairs I see Misha sitting by the kitchen table.

“Misha, I was wondering if we could leave the States a little later.”

Her mouth drops before realization creeps across her face and she gives me a knowing smirk.

“You, miss workaholic, are ditching work tomorrow? Damn, you must have had one amazing night with Ville.”

Misha come on, I’ve worked over time for two months, I deserve to call in sick to be with the guy I love for a chance.”

“So it’s definitely serious between you guys now?”

“I’m going to Finland to meet his parents and brother. Yeah, it’s serious.”

“Alright, we’ll catch a later plane.”

“Thanks. How was your night with Danni by the way?”

To my surprise Misha actually blushes, which is quite out-of-character for her.

“We’ve talked all night, we have so much in common and he asked me out on a date. And yes, we did nothing more than talk, I’m not a slut,” she adds when she sees the grin on my face.

“So, how are Finnish men in the sack?”

“I didn’t sleep with every guy in Finland Misha.”

“No, just with the hottest one.”

“Don’t let Danni hear you.”