Status: Finished

Killing Loneliness

Hey ho, let’s go!

Georgia’s PoV

“I can’t believe I’m doing this,” I mutter to myself as I wait for Misha and Janey. “For an entire week! But then again, Misha’s jobs are always like this.” Misha was an interpreter and definitely one of the best.

Even back in high school when I met her, she was already extremely good at languages even though she was beyond crap at maths. I hear a car honk outside and I look out of the window.

The first thing I see is Janeys’ car. It’s an old Volkswagen hippy van and I’m extremely jealous of Janey for owning one. Misha and Janey are laughing and making jokes when I walk towards them. Janey is the kind of woman that seems shy at first but when you get to know her better, she’s very talkative.

“Yo guys, let’s go!”

“ Excited to go to Helsinki?”

“Hell yeah! It’s great that you could come along with us Georgie. We thought you couldn’t leave your beloved office.”

“ If I couldn’t, I wouldn’t have been here.”

What my friends say is true though, I love my job as a lawyer. I admit I sometimes think I love my job a little too much but a little ambition never killed anyone, right?

“So are we going to look for some hot Finns?” I grin.

“I know we’re only staying for a week but we can always look.”

“ True, although I wouldn’t mind meeting someone new,” Janey admits. Misha and I shrug.

“Not really, I’m happy being single.”

“Me too, besides, with our luck in love, I highly doubt any possible relationships are going to last long anyway.

After a long flight from London, England, to Helsinki, Finland, we finally leave the airport. Misha’s company had booked the hotel rooms and the flights. At first, two other interpreters would have come along with Misha but they had already booked their holidays the same week and didn’t want the job. When Misha’s boss called the hotel to delete the reservation, the hotel told him he was to late and couldn’t cancel the rooms anymore. He decided to give Misha the otherwise useless tickets, Misha explains on our way to the hotel.

“Georgia, look at that guy over there,” Janey says nudging me. “He looks like your type of guy. I look at him and smirk.

“He’s hot indeed.” Somehow he looks familiar but I haven’t got a clue why, I think by myself as I take a second look at him. Perhaps I’ll spot him again some time, who knows.

Ville’s PoV

I decide to take Linde’s advice to heart and take a while. As I walk to a supermarket to buy some cigarettes and food, three girls walk past me. The one walking in the middle catches my attention. She’s beautiful and I can’t help but to stare. Linde’s advice sure turns out to be better than he thinks it does, I think to myself.