Status: Finished

Killing Loneliness

When love and death embrace

Georgia’s PoV
Ville buys me dinner and just like our first official date, we talk for hours. We got such a lot in common, it’s quite uncanny. After we’ve finished eating, Ville takes me to the local hardrock café where we meet up with Misha and Janey.

While they dance with two guys they’ve just met, Ville asks me to dance with him. When we look into each others eyes, we can feel the sparks between us. At that moment I realize we have so much chemistry going on it makes me blush. Soon the dancing turns into grinding and before I know it, I feel Ville’s lips on mine.

An hour later Ville brings us back to our hotel room. There’s a lot of tension in the air and it makes me feel uncomfortable. After Ville says goodbye and promises us to be at the airport tomorrow, he kisses my cheek and leaves. I sigh as I sit down, in desperate need of chocolate, while Misha and Janey just give me knowing looks.

“Why does the most promising man I’ve met in ages have to be a fucking Finish rock star?!” I can’t help to blurt out. “Why can’t he live nearby and have a normal job?"

"Because it’s you and your love life Georgie. Sorry for saying it but you know it."Janey replies.

"Oh yeah, Cupid hates me, how could I forget that?” I mumble.

Ville’s PoV

I groan a I let myself fall on my bed. Should I have kissed her? Did I fuck up and made everything awkward? But I couldn’t help it! If only we could have more time, if only we would live near each other, if only… My thoughts are disturbed by my phone. It’s Linde. Hell, thanks to his damn advice I feel like shit, he’s going to get it, I think by myself.

“Hei Ville."

"Hei."

"You don’t sound happy. Something wrong?"

"Yeah. Remember when you said I should go outside more? I did and I met a girl,” I announce dramatically.

I can almost see Linde’s reaction at my last sentence: he’s rolling his eyes.

“What’s wrong with meeting a new girl? Doesn’t she like you back?"

"No she does, at least I think she does but she’s a London Lawyer and going back to her own country tomorrow, hence my shitty mood."

"Well, as much as it sucks, it’s not the end of the world. Do you have her phone number or her e-mail address? Try to stay in touch with her if you like her that much, if you really want to you can make it last. After all, she’s not the only one you know who doesn’t live near you. At least London, England is a lot closer to Helsinki than, for example, West-Chester, Philadelphia."

"You’ve got a point there. Thanks for cheering me up, that pep talk did help a little."'

"Only a little?”

Now it’s my time to roll my eyes as Linde teases me.

Georgia’s PoV

The next morning I give Ville one last hug and a kiss before going into the plane, not caring if the people will see our intimate moment in all the (Finnish) magazines tomorrow. I’m not in the mood to talk when I sit down. Thankfully Janey and Misha understand and leave me alone.