The Summer I Learned About Love and Hate

Chapter 2: Just Us and Her

“Kids, show Manda around. Linda, Jack, come on into the study.”
The adults left to go drink and laugh about memories, and we were left with a supermodel. She smiled dazzlingly at us, especially Scott and Derek. What a little slut.
“Uh, come on Manda, I’ll show you where you’re gonna be staying,” I said.
“Coolness. Scott, could you grab my bags? Thanks.”
He actually did it. My brother, doer of nothing good or nice, picked up Mandas many bags and followed us up the stairs to the guest bedroom. Derek followed of course. Wow, maybe I should try this whole looking fake thing, and maybe boys will do whatever I want.. Nah. It’s not worth it.
We reached my room, and walked in.
“Here it is. We set out a cot for you to sleep on, and we’re gonna share my bathroom. Is that ok?” Not that I cared if she liked it or not. It’s what she was gonna get, and if she was unhappy with it, then she was just gonna have to suck it up and get used to it.
I turned back to her, expecting her to be disgusted with the whole situation. She was, I could see it in her face. But she didn’t show it. “It’s great. Thank you so much you guys,” she said.
Ok, label me confused. Why didn’t she just come out and say that she hated it? But whatever. Not my problem. I was so not in the mood to decode her.
“Kids, come back down here. It’s time for Linda and Jack to get on their way.” We all turned and went back down the stairs in silence, me leading, the boys bringing up the rear, no doubt staring at Manda’s butt. Boys…
We got downstairs, and my mom was hugging Linda tightly. All us kids shuffled up and stood there awkwardly. Eventually the mothers separated, and Linda came and hugged each of us, eventually reaching her daughter, who she hugged tightly. Jack came down the line next, and shook all the boys hands. He hugged me of course. Because I’m a girl… He reached the end of the line and his daughter too, where he hugged her amd told her, “Be good honey. Don’t cause trouble, ok?”
She nodded and gave him a small smile. “Bye daddy. See you soon.”
He turned back to us as Linda embraced Manda again. “You boys look after my little girl, alright?” They all murmured their agreement, and little Chris even saluted. We all laughed, and then my dad walked in and said, “Are we ready to go?” Her dad was probably gonna drive them to the airport.
Both of the Evansworths embraced their daughter one more time, and then said their final goodbyes. And then they were gone. Now it was just us and her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a filler chapter. I pinky-promise it's definaely gonna get a lot more exciting.

Run baby run. Don't ever look back. They'll tear us apart if you give them the chance.
-Check Yes Juliet, We the Kings