‹ Prequel: In Fear of Life
Status: New, Sequel!

Just When We Learned How To Live

Chapter Two.

Adam

When we get there about 30 minutes later, I hand the driver the money and grab my suitcase. The school is HUGE. Surprisingly, even though school doesn't start for a week, there are a lot of people around. Hey, it's not like I've been to college before! I don't know what people do around campus.

Once in the building, I head to the office. It's actually very modern. I get some mean glares and I wonder how they can even tell that I'm gay. I mean, really. Do I actually have the word 'fag' written on my forehead? I look in one of the mirrors to check. Nope. Maybe it's because I'm checking out my ass in the mirror? Nah, that couldn't be it. I giggle.

Once in the office, I'm presented with a choice. Door number one, or door number 25? Damn. I open the third one that states, "New Students/ Dorms". Okie dokie then. Walking in, I bump into another student. A girl with bright pink, short hair. She smiles at me and I can see how the piercing in her dimples were a cute idea. I smile back.

"Oh, hi. I'm Adam..Uhm, is anyone here?"

She nods. "Yeah, they're right back through that door. Are you new here? I'm April. Like the month, but not really." I giggle a little because she seems nervous. Frowning, she says, "Oh, damn. I have to go. Well, I'll see you later, Adam!" And runs out the door.

Walking in, a man in a brown suit addresses me as sir. "Can I help you?"

I nod, I hope so. "Uhm, my name is Adam Johnson?" Like I'm not really sure. "I need to find my dorm, it should have my stuff in it.."

He stops me with a flick of the wrist. "Let me check..ahh yes," He says, typing on the keyboard. "Room 890, you have a roommate. I understand that this is your first year here?" I nod again.

"Well, then, just go upstairs and to the right. Your roommate's name Marc Green. Your possessions should be in your room, but if not, please call down and we'll get it figured out right away." He smiles and I feel dismissed.

Okay, I think as I make my way upstairs. So I have a roommate. I don't really remember thinking about it, but a roommate sounds fun. As long as he's not a meanie! And don't even think like that, you guys. I love Matt with all my heart.

Hmm..890. Once I open the door, I see all my stuff sitting by my bed. Someone else is asleep on the other bed. Must be Marc. Should I introduce myself, or just unpack? I'll go with the latter.

While I put my stuff in the single closet, I wonder how he can have so much freaking clothes! At least he has good taste, I think. Putting my toothbrush and such in the bathroom, I see that he has all his stuff scattered everywhere. Oh well.

Walking back out, I find that he's awake. "Uhm, hello?" He asks. He has longish light brown hair and looks like a stoner. Completely not what I thought. It sounds like fashion designer's name or something.

"Y-Yeah, hi. I'm..uhm, your roommate, Adam?" He surprises me and jumps out, completely naked. My eyes go wide.

He looks down and squeals. "Ohmygosh!" and dives back under the covers. "Can you like..leave for a sec?" I nod and I'm standing outside the door, waiting.

"Okay, come back in!" I do and he's completely clothed, in black skinny jeans and a 'Robot Have Feelings Too' tee. He's putting on a green beenie hat and looks at me. "I'm Marc, and obviously, I sleep nude. Wanna catch some lunch?"

I stare and nod. "S-Sure." We head outside and one of his friends walks next to us, chattering away like a little bug.

Finally she notices me and smiles. "Oh my gosh, hi! I'm Ivy, and I know that it's already a short name, but call me Vee, please. Are you new here?" I nod and look at Marc, a little flustered. He shrugs and pulls out his keys.

"Vee, this is Adam, my roommate. We're going for lunch. Wanna come?"

She looks at him suspiciously. "It's not that one cyber cafe is it?" He laughs and I'm still confused.

He explains, "Well, no. I took her to my favorite wireless cafe and she hates computers with a passion-" She interrupts.

"No, it's just that when I'm out for lunch I'd actually like to EAT, not check my myspace and the stock market!" She glares daggers at Marc.

He looks sheepish and shrugs again. "Okay, okay, then let's just go to Jack's Cafe, okay?" Satisfied, she smiles and crosses her arms.

We climb into his truck which only has one cab so I sit in between them. "So Adam," Vee says. "Where did you come from?"

I look at my hands. "New York."

She gasps. "Oh my gosh, that's where Dallas comes from!"

I look at her like she's gone insane. "Uhm, isn't Dallas in Texas?" They both bust out laughing and I sit there, slightly frustrated.

"Oh, no," Marc says with a grin. "Dallas is my boyfriend."

Hmm, well. There goes my gay o'meter. "Oh." I say.

They're both silent for a minute and Vee breaks the ice. Sort of. "You're not homophobic, are you?" I shake my head and it's my turn to laugh.

"Uhm, I don't think my boyfriend would really appreciate that." Then we're all laughing.

Vee looks sad then. "Oh, so you left him in New York?"

I nod. "Yeah, but he's gonna visit soon after school starts." Marc looks at me while parking outside a quaint looking cafe. "Why didn't he come, too?"

We get out of the car. "Well, his career as a photographer is really starting to fly, and we decided that it's best if he stays. You know, the saying about distance and love and makes the heart grow fonder and all that?" They nod as we enter. "Well, I'm just hoping that it's true."
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! I love my readers already:)
Needs more. Shameless promotion, anyone? Cause I'm gonna do it.