‹ Prequel: In Fear of Life
Status: New, Sequel!

Just When We Learned How To Live

Chapter Six.

Matt

After Adam called, I lay on my bed, depressed. It sounds like he's having a great time. I mean, not that I don't want him to, but..it's weird. Like he's not even missing plain, boring me. Well, I still get to see him in less than two weeks, so I guess I need to stop being such so melodramatic.

The phone rings again and I pick it up, slightly recognizing the ring tone. "Mattie, where are you, dear?" I hear Rayy scream through the phone, obviously hyper and excited.

"Uhm, I dunno. Home. Where I always am." I tell him, obviously still depressed.

Rayy doesn't notice. "Well, we're coming over! KAYBYE!" He hangs up before I can ask 'who exactly is coming over?'

Assuming it's Jonas, I just lay back down into the warm pillows and surrender to the tiredness of my mind. Soon thereafter I feel someone jump on top of me, yelling, "Matt! Wake up, you douchebag!" I groan and roll over, trying to get Rayy off me.

"Nooo.." I sit up. "How did you get in?"

He giggles. "Oh, well..you weren't answering your door and Liam said he can pick locks, so..TAHDAH!" He holds up his hands like, SURPRISE! I look over, just now noticing the smaller boy standing by the door.

"Oh, hi." I look at Rayy. "I thought you were going to come with Jonas? You know, your boyfriend?" I say, putting emphasis on the boyfriend part, glaring at him.

He frowns. "Oh, we broke up ages ago, Matt!"

My mouth drops open in shock. "What? When? Why? You guys were perfect together!"

He flops down on the bed. "I know, but he didn't think so. Apparently I'm too big of a flirt for him to handle, huh?"

Despite the sarcasm, I can hear his voice tremble. "Aww..I'm sorry, Rayy. Are you sure it's over? For good, I mean?"

Rayy shrugs. "Who knows? Anywho, we should all go bowling!" He says, probably to avoid the subject.

I sigh and get up. "Well..weird thought, but okay." Grabbing my shoes and jacket, we head out to my car and tumble in. Flipping through the stations, I basically try to ignore Rayy's obvious flirting with Liam and concentrate on the music. This fails miserably.

At the bowling alley, I can't help but chuckle as Liam complains about having to wear their icky shoes. Rayy smiles and tells him, "Oh, well, I think they make you look sexy.." Liam blushes and sits next to me, quietly putting on the shoes. When Rayy goes to get soda, I lean forward.

"Uhm, not that it's my business, but are you planning on asking Rayy out?"

Liam shakes his head, "No! Oh, wow. No. He's been..uhm..all over me..and I don't know..It's kinda creeping me out." I nod, kind of understanding, but at the same time, feeling bad for Rayy. He obviously has a thing for him.

After the game, in which I'm victorious, we pile back into the car. Rayy is begging for a rematch next week when I realize that we're almost home. "Hey, Liam, where do you live? We'll drop you off."

He looks uncomfortable for a second. "Uhm...Right around the corner, here." Slowing down, I point to a random house as he nods. "Yeah, thanks. See you, Matt." He jumps out of the car and walks slowly towards a blue house.

As I pull away, Rayy is watching through the window. "Hey Matt?" He asks, sounding odd.

"Yeah?"

"Uhm, do you find it weird that after we pulled away, Liam crossed the street and kept walking?"

I shrug, not really caring. "Uhh, I don't know. Maybe..he just..doesn't want to go home?"

Rayy nods and we both sit there, confused. Why does Liam not want us to know where he lives?

Adam

Sitting down on Vee's couch, we both are silent for a second. Then we both start at the same time. "How does your tongue feel?"

"How come you disappeared?"

I laugh a little and she looks depressed. I click the tongue piercing on my teeth, remembering for the first time what happened at that point in time. "Well, I don't know. I guess it feels a little weird, like I'm holding something in my mouth. I keep wanting to spit it out or something."

She giggles and stops, frowning. "Yeah, so. What happened with..Dallas last night?"

I shrug, not knowing. "What did you see?"

She looks away. "Uhm, well. He..came out of my dorm and told me to tell you to call him." I nod, still confused.

"Wait, can you tell me everything you know? Was Marc there? Did they break up? What happened?!"

She jumps up. "I could use a cigarette, come on." I follow her out of the building and we sit on the steps, mulling everything over.

"So..I guess..I don't really remember much either. I do remember Marc asking why," She takes another drag. "Why you would hurt him like this. I don't know..and then Dallas said we should get something pierced..and we did. And then I remember someone calling me and I left you guys alone, and then I wandered off..I don't know where, but I came back this morning and yeah.."

Sighing, I get up. "Well, I'd better get back and ask Marc what happened. Plus I have class in like," I check my phone, "an hour. I'll see you then."

I head back and knock on the door, forgetting my keys. Marc opens it, eyes bloodshot and smelling like a keg. "What do YOU fucking want?"

I cringe. "Whatever I did last night, I'm sorry, but I didn't even know what was going on at the time. See?" I point at my tongue.

He shrugs. "I don't care. Dallas and I are broken up." I stare, shocked. After a few seconds, he lets the door open wider and I walk in. The place looks like he's been fighting everything inside it.

"Marc..What happened last night?"

"Just leave me alone, I don't want to see your face, Adam."

I sigh and look at my feet. "I-I'm sorry, Marc. I didn't mean to. I don't even know what happened at Vee's, I swear!"

He shakes his head. "I'm changing rooms. Just..just don't fucking talk to me again."

A tear runs down my face and I feel like an enormous weight is on top of me. "M-Marc..pleas-"

But he walks out and slams the door. I collapse and lay on the floor, crying. Where's Matt when I need him? I don't know what to do..I have to tell him. Don't I? Oh, god, someone just kill me, I can't stand the mere thought of being me a moment longer..
♠ ♠ ♠
Crappy, crappy chapter.

I'm sorry to anyone that reads any of my stories. I haven't been feeling like writing, this writer's block is killing me, not to mention everything on my computer is fucking up, making it not only difficult to write, but damn near impossible.

I'll try to post more often from now on, I promise. If I don't, merely smack me over the head in the comments.

:3