‹ Prequel: In Fear of Life
Status: New, Sequel!

Just When We Learned How To Live

Chapter Eight.

Adam

So Marc hasn't moved out yet. The Dean told him it would take a week, but he can move when they call him and give him the keys and room number. So in the meantime, he basically ignores me and sends evil glances my way. The only people I talk to lately are Vee and Lex..I keep calling Matt but he doesn't answer. Maybe he knows that I cheated on him (even though it wasn't on purpose).

Dallas has tried to talk to me a few times, apparently he's staying here for awhile. I don't really care and brush him off every time he tries to start a conversation. I can't believe Marc trusted him. I feel like such an ass for losing a great friend over a GUY, that I didn't even mean to do anything with! Hell, did I do anything with him?

Walking back to my dorm, I drag my feet along the gravel as I hum a little tune. It reminds me of a violin piece I heard outside some cafe the other day. It was sad and depressing, kind of like my life at the moment. Looking up, I spot a familiar face. There stands, not even ten feet away from me, is Matt.

He walks up to me, face glowing, and cups my face. "Breathe, Adam." I let out a whoosh of air before our lips collide.

I can't believe it's been so long since I've felt his rough lips on mine. "What are you doing here, Matt?"

He giggles and buries his head into the crook of my neck, nibbling on the goose bumped skin. "I couldn't take it. I blew off my class and came to see you. I have a surprise, too!" I smile and we link hands, walking towards my room. Matt stops me like he suddenly realized something.

"Did you pierce your tongue, Adam?"

I laugh. "Oh yeah..yeah..Do you like it?"

He smirks, "Well..we'll have to see what we can do with that." I grin, delicious thoughts running through my head.

"Oh, I have to introduce you to M-" I remember we're not talking, probably ever again.

"Hmm, who?" Matt asks.

I shake my head. "Never mind..it's nothing."

I open the door and find that Marc is packing his stuff. "So you're leaving, huh?"

He nods and notices Matt. "What, is this your new boy toy?" He spits, venomously. Hurt, I shake my head, a tear dripping down my face. How can he say such mean things?

"Marc..do you..really hate me?" I ask, falling to my knees, trembling. Matt leans over and hushes me. He looks up at a shocked Marc.

"What the fuck?" He says, angry at Marc- already.

Marc, shocked, whispers, "No, Adam, I don't. I'm..I'm sorry." He starts crying, too, and soon everyone is crying except for Matt, but he looks like he wants to because he's so confused.

"What's going on?"

I look up and giggle. "Uhm, Matt..this is my roo- I mean.." I look down, tears filling my eyes again. "My ex-roommate, Marc. Marc...this is my boyfriend, Matt."

Marc starts to say something, "I'm not so sure I even want to move o-" But stops. An angry looks flashes his face. "You mean, the one you fucking cheated on? Just like Dallas cheated on me?" Matt gasps and looks at me. An ashamed look crosses my face.

"A-Adam..what do you mean? You didn't..you didn't..." His eyes tear up.

I look at him with guilt. "Matt..Matt..I didn't know! I was..erm..well.."

Marc interrupts. "He was high, Matt."

Matt stands up. "I..I can't believe you! You cheated on me! I..I can't.." He opens the door and runs out.

"Matt!" I scream, running after him. But he's a fast runner and he's gone soon enough. I collapse on a bench, feeling like the world's worst person alive.

After a few minutes, I walk back to the room, feeling defeated. Marc's stuff is gone and his key is on the table with a note. 'Sorry, Adam. But I just can't forgive you. -Marc Green'

I crumple the note and throw it across the room. I need to take some anger out, but I just didn't know how. I grab a pillow and scream my lungs out into it. Thinking about everything..I just can't..

I walk into the bathroom, just wanting to lock myself in and run a hot bath. I look in the mirror. What I see disgusts me. Tear streaks from my eyeliner are running down my face and my eyes are puffy. I punch the mirror and recoil in horror. Glass shards fall into the sink and my hand is bleeding. I stare at the mini me's in the broken mirror and grab a piece.

Sliding onto the floor, I lift my jacket sleeve up. Hesitating for a second, I balance the shard over my skin, scared. A flash of Matt running away, hating me, flashes through my mind and I yank it over and over, barely feeling the sharp sting of the glass. My blood starts to flow heavily before long. Suddenly, a spurt of blood gushes out, soiling my shirt. Screaming, I cradle my arm into the jacket, regret filling my being.

Crawling towards the door, I try to unlock it but my arms feel like heavy weights and the blood is slick. The door crashes open and suddenly Dallas is above me. I don't understand but then everything goes black, and I hear him whisper, "It's gonna be okay.."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I really really really don't like this story.
It's one of my early attempts.
If I tried to change anything,
it would completely change it.

And I will NOT leave this story unfinished.
So bear with me, guys.
And try to keep me strong with comments?
:)